GTA San Andreas query

tracerbullet

Skilled
okay,
Let me first introduce myself. I've been around mostly reading on these forums rather then participating for a good month or two now.

I work as a correspondent in technology for the Times of India. Now, I'm working on an article on Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and I need some help from you all.
First, can anyone tell me who are the official distributors for the game? Milestone isn't handling it. When I spoke to them they told me that some 'E-xpress India' was distributing the game. Does anyone here have the contact information for this company?

Second, I'm setting up a poll on the type of game copy you own. the options are:
The original version
The "other" version
Don't have it

Reply, do the poll and let me know.

Dont have it myself. However I'd not buy it for sure for a friggin 3K. I'd rather spend 1300 bucks on BF2 which is a far better game.

I have plans to buy the original version......

But 3K is too fuggin expensive..... All new games by R* has been like this. Max Payne 2, GTA VC, and now GTA SA. But now, MP2 is 1499.

All new games by EA, and others are around 1299,1199,1499, etc.... why 3K for this???

Nikhil said:
I have plans to buy the original version......

But 3K is too fuggin expensive..... All new games by R* has been like this. Max Payne 2, GTA VC, and now GTA SA. But now, MP2 is 1499.

All new games by EA, and others are around 1299,1199,1499, etc.... why 3K for this???
Yeah... even the most anticipated of all time HL2 was 1499 bucks. Rockstar should be shot in the head for insane pricing like that. It'll only encourage piracy :p

Quickfire what's stopping you till now ?! lol you even have a sig on gta sa.
And to the time of india guy, i think you missed the option for us ps2 users...i know a couple of friends who got ps2 original Gta Sa pack shipped from US.
though i own SA on both ps2 and PC now, the 'other' version.
And, yup i agree, the prices of games should come down to like 1-1.5k. 3k is just too much! Expect the poll to lead on the second choice throughout.

Well, not sure about the distributors of the game. As you can see, not many :D ppl have Original versions of the game. 3k is a bit high for a game in India, considering so many people are still playing Vice City and struggling to complete it :) The game is far ahead of vice city in terms of entertainment, IMHO. Theres much more to do, and the place is alot bigger. Plus, there are perks like the Hot Coffee Mod !! :p

Reading the reviews and the negative aspects of this game, i sure wouldn't have paid 3k for it. It has a problem of bad camera angles, bad movement of the camera, bad controls in certain situations. In light of these things, i preferred the "Other" version as i could simply toss it out if i didn't like it. I wouldn't have had that "freedom" with the original version :) I do like the game, but feel that there are so many things which could have been better. Then again, i don't have a voice since i paid 1/8th the market price :)

Regards
Inzider

params7 said:
Quickfire what's stopping you till now ?! lol you even have a sig on gta sa.
And to the time of india guy, i think you missed the option for us ps2 users...i know a couple of friends who got ps2 original Gta Sa pack shipped from US.
though i own SA on both ps2 and PC now, the 'other' version.
And, yup i agree, the prices of games should come down to like 1-1.5k. 3k is just too much! Expect the poll to lead on the second choice throughout.
well...exams and lack of availability :p
i'll surely get a copy soon :D

i hope, you've been the most pumped up i've seen in TE for GTA SA.

And if the game was around 1.2-1.5k, there would've been more sales of the original version.

Nope, I dont have GTA SA yet.
Will borrow it from my cousin and try it.
I have heard mixed reviews about this game and would in no case want to spend a 3k on this game.
A game, costing approx. as much as a new GFX card( :bleh: 3100 for a new Fx5200 @ Street Price)?? coupled along with the ease of getting the "other" copy, well, there will definately be a very few number of people going in for the original.
Besides, other games like CSS and HL2 are priced better.

Back