Budget 51-70k GTX 1080 for gaming in 2021

Divyansh

Disciple
Hi,
Just wanted your opinion on considering GTX 1080 laptops for gaming in 2021. Pros, cons and what price range should we look at?

If you are getting a really good deal, then its worth it maybe. You can check all sorts of benchmark results for GTX 1080Ti (including games) on notebookcheck(.)net.
Hope it helps.

Not a good idea. Get a new(as in recently released) laptop with the best GPU you can fit within your target budget (which it helps to specify if you want advice).

Getting a laptop with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU and an Nvidia 3060 GPU seems like a good combination. But ofc, check all the specs and do thorough research.

Unless you're getting it for a very cheap price, I don't think it's worth it at this time. I currently own a laptop with a GTX 1060 that is currently worth ~50k or even less perhaps so maybe if you have a deal in that ballpark you might consider. Also it's age does show up in terms of benchmarks compared to the newer GPUs. I suggest picking up either the RTX 20 series instead as they might be much more worth the price

thanks for the response,
I was okay with GTX as the only games I play are valorant and fifa - they might not benefit a lot from RTX, might wanna try something like rdr2 in the future
but I don't anticipate heavy gaming

Does 60k sound like a good price for an i7 7th gen, 1080, 16gb ram and 512 ssd setup?
I think if I wait for prices to normalize a bit, I'll easily get 2070
i7 7th gen uses quad core vs 6 cores in 8th gen and following generations, how important is that?

Does 60k sound like a good price for an i7 7th gen, 1080, 16gb ram and 512 ssd setup?
You will likely need to add a HDD because 512GB barely cuts it for most use cases. 50-60k sounds like a fair ballpark. 8th/9th gen 6-core is a good to have and usually available in the similar price range. Not really sure what the current situation with the prices are .

With GtX 1080 you’re looking at playing very select games at medium to low settings. You’d have to accept screen freeze etc. better to add a little bit of dough and get at least a 20x0 series cars.

Thanks a lot guys.
1080 has similar benchmarks as 2070, do you think getting even 2060 would be better coz other components are almost similarly priced.

Back