Graphic Cards GTX460 OC Help.

asingh said:
Have you monitored thermals on the OC'ed runs.
on stock clocks, idle ~ 35-42 @ 39% fan speed, load ~ 55-61 @ 65%fan speed

on OC'd clocks, idle ~ 38-45 @ 39%, load ~ 60-65 @ 70% fan speed

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nick2012 said:
^^try to flash ur card
Cant able to find native bios, and i doubt the other manufacturers card bios will not work/brick my card

~ 60-65 @ 70% fan speed

woo buddy doesn't your card sound like a blow dryer?

Chill, you can pull down fan speed to about 50%. The speed will become bearable, and the temps may jump max to 72-75C, which is completely normal.

Wow!!!!!!! So much of help on this thread....Your kernel error is simply because your clocks were not stable. A very common error on Nvidia.

Also its a common known fact that when your video card clocks are too high/unstable, sometimes even though it doesnt give error, your score/FPS would turn out to be lesser. So in simple words, either bump the volts(if possible) or stay at the lower clocks where you are getting decent FPS.

thebanik said:
Wow!!!!!!! So much of help on this thread....Your kernel error is simply because your clocks were not stable. A very common error on Nvidia.

Also its a common known fact that when your video card clocks are too high/unstable, sometimes even though it doesnt give error, your score/FPS would turn out to be lesser. So in simple words, either bump the volts(if possible) or stay at the lower clocks where you are getting decent FPS.

yea too much help :/, thanx for the info banik :), will stick with last stable now ...

LOL cant believe you guys argued with OP so much over FPS he says clearly he is a pro-gamer and his requirements are competitive.

Dude I would say not to OC and Overvolt your card. I am saying this because it seems reference models had 2 pin while urs has 1. Chances are that after OC and Overvolt ur card will not get its required power (already running 1 6pin pcie short) it will try to pull more power forcefully (after upping volts and clocks) and that might damage your PCIE slot.

Back