PC Peripherals Guide me for CRT to TFT upgrade within Rs.5000/-

motxz

Disciple
My friend has a 17" CRT monitor purchased 3-4 years back. It is giving troubles like flickering / blank screen etc. we decided to exchange that one with a new TFT monitor. The major uses would be browsing , :ashamed: Office work :ashamed: and some playing by kiddies. He is not ready to spend more than 5000/ 6000 (max) . Can u techies guide toselect 15":( / 17" TFTs please :huh:

i dont think even a non-wide 17" can come for 6k but i maybe wrong. definately you will get 15" non-wide for sure for that price. try getting Viewsonic 15" non wide monitor. they are good and reasonably priced. if ur going for an exchange, you will hardly get 1500 bux for ur 17" monitor (If its FLAT) if its non flat, you will get around 1k. thats my dealers exchange buy back for my monitor. so it depends on how much ur friend is getting for that old monitor then you can easily buy 17" LCD for exchange with ur old monitor. as per ur post, the monitor has problems so i think you will get hardly 500bux.

Thanks for the quick reply. we expect ~ Rs.1500/- for the monitor from the dealer, who serviced it earlier. By the way what is the current prices of 15"/ 17" Viewsonic. Can we get some recommendations in that price range along with model Nos.

cricfan said:
r u sure?i was planning to upgrade too.i have a 15inch non flat crt.less than 1k for me?.

Yaaaahhh thats sad but true !!!
U will be more than lucky if ur 15 incher fetch anything more than 1k

Back