Video Guide me for the best DTH service in Thane Area

kb.tendulkar

Disciple
Hello guys,

I stay in Thane -west. I'm totally new to this DTH service and getting confuse which DTH

service to select. I want all important channels within one pack. also looking for HD output.

Please help to buy a good DTH. i am going to buy it within 1 week.

Plz help

thx

I would suggest Videocon D2h service. The channel packages are nicely priced. I inquired last week and the local shops were giving the regular STB for Rs.1400 with two months of New Gold pack or maybe Diamond pack - don't remember it correctly.
The HD-DVR is for Rs.4200(online) including installation charges. The HDD is small (80GB) as compared to Tata Sky (500GB) but I guess the package price makes sense for Videocon. Tata Sky has "SKY" high package rates.
Here's the link to videocon D2H website - Videocon DTH Packages: ROI Packages and South Packages
and their customer service no is: 1800-266-0066 , just call them and ask for a dealer in your are; they will ask for ayour PIN CODE and SMS you the dealer name and address.

wat about Dish Tv??

they are giving gold cricket pack in just 225/-

where m getting almost all channels

and videocon gold sports pack is also good in 215/-

any other ideas?

Dish TV - its ok but your are not getting a DVR, only HD. I guess it makes sense to put in 2000 more(if not on a tight budget) and get a HD- DVR
Tata SKY - As of now the quality sucks ! and the monthly package price is ridiculous, guess they are charging extra for the 500GB HDD.See this for Tata SKy quality: Tata Sky + HD --Quality sucks
AirTEL: I did been through website, but the package price is costly (compared to Dish/Videocon) and also confusing, so is the case with BIG TV.

So that leaves you with Dish/Videocon. Out of which one does not gives you DVR(DisH).
But be your own judge, check what channels you want and then check the package price. I liked Videocon since they offer almost all channels(News/Infotainment) that I like in the New Gold pack - their cheapest option @ Rs. 150/month.

Which area in Thane r u located at ?

i have recently switched from airtel to videocon,

changre i noticed ---cost is reasonable and colours are better and very little to no distortions and customer care is way better,

airtel is screwed up as in those buggers charge premium for their bakwas services.

on same tv colours were dull and lots of distortion,

if you call customer care,minimum 15-20 min waiting time and on top of that their systems are terribly slow and

height is they take you for granted.

so stay away from airtel

talking of hd,you can always update the hdd in your own,

if you ordered videocon dth online,

they give you 100 rs discount.

@the_falcon

I stay near thane station area behind ashok talkies....

hhmm..

@pratikb

according to last 2 reviews videocon and dish tv both are good..

also i like to know that after sales service in these companies...

plz reply thx

ya i have decided to go for videocon

but my dad gave an order for renovation so after 1-2 months i will buy videocon

thats y

sorry..

thx for help...

hi there, I hve read all your Q n A.
even I want to buy a DTH , I stay in thane w ghodbundar rd . in my area builder is saying go for airtel
but I want to chck with other DTH also . so any one who can guide me on this . I got very less time .
so pls guide me in a just 2-3 days I hve t ans my builder.
thans

Avoid dishtv and airtel for bad service. Get videocon or TataSky for picture clarity and excellent service. Reliance is good too. Don't know of their service though.

The main reason i would recommend videocon to anyone is because the of thr fantastic cc that these people provide. Any distortions or problems are sorted quicker vis-a-vis the competition.

+1 to videocon d2h HD.
the only channels you miss are HBO defined , HBO hits and star sports 2.(you wont miss anything if you do not have them)
other than that the price and packages are better than the competition.

online recharges get you 3% cashback and referrals get you freebies too.

Back