Guitar Rising

anibhatt said:
the setlist looks sad

artists dont like it when their tabs are given out. the less famous ones are probably ok with it though because theyre getting some publicity.

" pappu guitar bajaata hai !

Jahaa jaata hai cha jaata hai!"

I love guitar.. I had guitar.. I don't have guitar.. I wanna buy new guitar.. but no money :cry:

Grease Monk said:
artists dont like it when their tabs are given out. the less famous ones are probably ok with it though because theyre getting some publicity.
Not true! Where did you hear that?

which bit? artists not liking their tabs being given out, or the bit about less famous ones?

i have seen tabs been taken off popular tab sites, and guitar tutorial sites due to 'copyright' issues. although its still not officially law everywhere, some are trying to play it safe.

As for the second point...its a guess, although im no one to say if the bands in the set list are 'less famous' since my idea of popular isnt based on stats of record sales :p

sTALKEr said:
Aerosmith?

they had a whole version of a game released in their name. famous enough :p

that was guitar hero, no tabs involved. but rio seems to know something i dont... awaiting teh gyaan.

Grease Monk said:
which bit? artists not liking their tabs being given out, or the bit about less famous ones?

i have seen tabs been taken off popular tab sites, and guitar tutorial sites due to 'copyright' issues. although its still not officially law everywhere, some are trying to play it safe.

As for the second point...its a guess, although im no one to say if the bands in the set list are 'less famous' since my idea of popular isnt based on stats of record sales :p
Tab sites have been taken down due to copyright issues - that happens when retards copy tabs from sheet music books released by the bands themselves, and claim it is their interpretation.

Every band would love to have people playing their stuff, but not all of them have the time it takes to release tablature books. See how long it took Petrucci to sign off on a tab book for his solo album. Paul Gilbert is much more dedicated to helping the community and every time he releases a tablature book, he releases a DVD explaining the ideas and theory behind the songs. Satriani's books release on time but he saves the theory for his clinics.

There was no point to my post earlier, other than to find out where you get your facts from, because they're NOT true.

whats the point, I'd rather play the guitar for real when playing for real
and have fun over a beer with a simplified setup as on guitar hero when partying

Back