PC Peripherals Guys help me choose a TV tuner

So here is the thing ...i already got a external TV tuner card..but that doesn't let me record stuff off the TV, so thinking i get the internal one...which help make my PC a media center for all media requirements TV,music,Video's,Games everything.

Here is the dilemma do you suggest i stick with the external TV tuner card or go for new internal one...

If i go for internal one...which one ...within 3k...and also the other thing is do how much can i get if sell this old one...its COmbo TV box bought it for 2k..2yrs back..got all the wires,accessories i got in place..so i can ship it out

pinnacle isnt the cheapest one.

btw u can get external tv tuner wid USB interface...these ones feature recording :)

its pretty much like the internal one as they still require the pc to be running in order to be used...just that u get tool free installation ;)

hey bro:eek:hyeah: :hap2: :bleh:

if u r looking for the quality, value for money and Really great features.

then go for Videomate Gold plus2.@Rs. 2800

i am using it from last 1.5years. it records best , wakes up my computer and then shuts it down after recording, it has very flexible options, as i can say it all that a pc needs - a jewel.

i read it's review in audio video mag. or may in chip, i don't remember exactly.

but it's remote is so nice.....every feature described in the mag was right.

n it is having fm also.

pinaccle n techcom were used by me, but i was not satisfied.

buy an chip and call those guys , incquire abt any other tv tuner card reviwed after this, and found better..... then go for it.

i am telling you all this bcz i am a satisfied customer.:clap:

n it is an internal card.

Get the pinnacle one, always go with the quality even if it costs a bit more. You will appreciate your decision later on.

One Reason: Lack of device driver updates on the cheaper ones

My advice: Go for the Hauppage PVR-150 MCE kit...Will cost u ~1650 bucks and its a steal for the price with hardware encoding for recordings and made for Media Center tag...

Nothing like watching, pausing, recording TV in Media Center without stressing the processor, ain't it?

Infact i am watching more TV than i did for the last 1 year...

It will stump the Pinnacle and whatever cards out dere with software encoding...:eek:hyeah:

clown_abhi said:
My advice: Go for the Hauppage PVR-150 MCE kit...Will cost u ~1650 bucks and its a steal for the price with hardware encoding for recordings and made for Media Center tag...

Nothing like watching, pausing, recording TV in Media Center without stressing the processor, ain't it?
It will stump the Pinnacle and whatever cards out dere with software encoding...:eek:hyeah:

Where to get Hauppage PVR-150 MCE kit at Rs. 1650 bucks.:huh:

I want a TV Tuner Card which can catch up digital signals with ClearQAM feature as well as analog signals, so which model from Hauppage with ClearQAM with analog signal feature will be available here in India.

RoBoGhOsT said:
get hauppauge pvr-150 MCE tuner kit . costs 2k approx .
these one seems to be the choice of everyone...got check it out ...and any idea how much i can get for my old external

rahul.cnbc said:
hey bro:eek:hyeah: :hap2: :bleh:

if u r looking for the quality, value for money and Really great features.

then go for Videomate Gold plus2.@Rs. 2800
i am using it from last 1.5years. it records best , wakes up my computer and then shuts it down after recording, it has very flexible options, as i can say it all that a pc needs - a jewel.

i read it's review in audio video mag. or may in chip, i don't remember exactly.
but it's remote is so nice.....every feature described in the mag was right.
n it is having fm also.

pinaccle n techcom were used by me, but i was not satisfied.
buy an chip and call those guys , incquire abt any other tv tuner card reviwed after this, and found better..... then go for it.

i am telling you all this bcz i am a satisfied customer.:clap:

n it is an internal card.
will check this option as well

madnav said:
pinnacle isnt the cheapest one.

btw u can get external tv tuner wid USB interface...these ones feature recording :)
its pretty much like the internal one as they still require the pc to be running in order to be used...just that u get tool free installation ;)
Thanks for info external doesnt seem tempting to me after having one external..but will check it out

clown_abhi said:

Thanks for the info hardware encoding...seems great feature and a must have now this hauppage only thing is it available readily in India

leadtek TV2000XP global

Can record FM/Video
Video is the best Of all ^these cards included.
PIP, lower pinnacle cards dont have this feature .
Veiw 2 channels. Record 1 in background simultaneously.
Vista MC ready.

Only- Cant wake up the computer but can put it to sleep.

Price 2k@bangalore

Where to buy Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE Kit,

I did sent PM to supra as mentioned in this thread.

if anyone else can tell me where to get it, please reply.

I am at Mumbai.

Thanks.

Back