Guys help needed with a dll file

johnie1

Disciple
I have a dll file named tnhhm.dll in Windows folder.The full path is C:\windows\system32\tnhhm.dll.It is denying access.I am unable to open it in hex viewer to see what the file is.I am under administrator.So i should have full control.I do have full control over other system files.ie I am able to edit them using the standard hex editor but not this file.I want to know whether all of u guys having windows xp pro do have this file.If so someone could kindly tell me what this dll does?.Which service does it support?.What application uses this dll?.

At the momment i do not have any problems as such but avast flagged it saying cannot scan it saying access denied.

thanks.

A quick google search also reveals not much results.. So in all probability, the .dll file is not native to XP and is questionable. SO here's what you can do:
Make a backup of the file somewhere in your HDD/pen drive (just in case you need it later), and then delete it. (Try booting into safe mode and deleting, if you are unable to delete in the normal mode).

Back