Budget 31-40k Guys pls suggest a good pc

articles2004

Disciple
1.Q: What is your budget?

30K - 35K

2.Q: What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

None

3.Q: Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

None

4.Q: Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

i3-3320 (Iam thinking this is future proof)
Iam hoping to buy a samsung 20" LED (a friend informed that he will get it to me Rs.6,500)
Pls note my 35k budget includes 6.5k above

5.Q: Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component

Yes, will upgrade in 1 year

6.Q: Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)

CTC from Secunderabad

7.Q: Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market

No

8.Q: What is your intended use for this PC/hardware

Gaming (With current rig, Iam hoping to run GTA V atleast at low resolution) :drool:
Practice Sharepoint development
Install Virtual machine for SAP IDES

9.Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.

Dont want AMD (I keep reading users reviews that their intel stood the time & has a good resale value)

10.Q: If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

GTA IV (can you believe that I havent played this yet)
GTA V (hope to atleast run GTA V at a low resolution)
Assassins creed 3
Hitman: Absolution
Not a big fan of racing games

11.Q: What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

Not sure on this, can you guys suggest based on my need, pls
1.Gaming - 1280x728
2.Desktop - 1440x900

12.Q: Are you looking to overclock?

Yes (though I dont know 'how to' at this point)

13.Q: Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?

Windows 7 64 bit
Windows 8

Tks in advance to those who repond for taking the time to respond.
After my earlier post I went into hibernation (studies) immediately, so this time Iam sure of answering promptly :angel:

Sorry for the belated Satyanjoy. Yeah I did create another one, the reply didnt have system configurations & also I didnt know how to edit by initial post. (Iam new with forums).

All,

I have been reading all your answers on different posts & what you do here is simply impressive. I wonder why someone would want to post a thread & ask a personalized answer. Anyways, I did it myself - sorry again.

So, here it goes... I checkd all your inputs at different posts & ended up with a config myself :-

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard Rs.4,346 (a day back this was out of stock, today I blocked one fr myself)
Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R777OC-1GD GDDR5 Rs.8,736
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Rs.4,358
LG 18.5 inch LED - E1942C Rs.5,940
Intel i3 3220 Rs.7,256
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Rs.2,703
G.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB Rs.1114

All put together comes to 35k. I have added these to my flipkart online cart & just need to press the 'place order' button. Btw, FK gives me 6 months EMI for a charge of Rs.500. I visited couple of shops here in Hyd & thro a friend in Chennai as well, the rates were as shown in FK. Additionally FK gives me 1) 6 month credit period 2) 30 day replacement guarantee 3) zero delivery charges (including the one for replacement) 4) some amount of confidence.

Can someone pls double confirm me that these are compatible to each other.

PS. FK doesnt have NZXT Gamma Elite cabinet, else I would have bought that too in FK itself.

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard Rs.4,346 (a day back this was out of stock, today I blocked one fr myself)
Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R777OC-1GD GDDR5 Rs.8,736

Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Rs.4,358
LG 18.5 inch LED - E1942C Rs.5,940
Intel i3 3220 Rs.7,256
Corsair CMPSU-430CXV2UK 430 Rs.2,703
G.Skill NT DDR3 4 GB Rs.1114

I also wanted to upgrade for a long time and today I made my mind to buy:

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard Rs.4,346
Intel i3 3220 Rs.7,256
Corsair DDR3 4 GB Rs.1,010

It showed "Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard" in stock but as soon as clicked on pay, it says that Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard is out of stock. :(

tks for that, yeah been reading suggestions the whole week from office. Btw, do you think 430W would be enough for my current config? Already placed order & FK has shipped, I can exchange for a 500W PSU. What do you say?

tks for that, yeah been reading suggestions the whole week from office. Btw, do you think 430W would be enough for my current config? Already placed order & FK has shipped, I can exchange for a 500W PSU. What do you say?

No man, corsair cx430V2 is the best bet you can have....seasonic would be little costlier.....few yeards back the obvious suggestion would have been VX450 which i have......bottom line is....you got the config right....go for it and HD7770 is a great card....will suffice your needs too...you might be able to play GTAiV at low-medium/medium settings :D

Tks swampyworld for the prompt response. Actually I read the specifications in flipkart site. Here is the link. It reads 450W power supply required. I didnt want to buy a 430 PSU and then regret.
Can you pls help again? Tks dude

prime, fortunately or unfortunately I have received all of the parts I had mentioned except for the gpu & psu. I called FK & asked them to cancel the order promising them that I will use the amount to buy a higher psu. All the other posts reads 430W is fine, but FK site itself reads 450W is required. Hence the confusion... :23:

prime, fortunately or unfortunately I have received all of the parts I had mentioned except for the gpu & psu. I called FK & asked them to cancel the order promising them that I will use the amount to buy a higher psu. All the other posts reads 430W is fine, but FK site itself reads 450W is required. Hence the confusion... :23:

Great. I was little doubtful about motherboad. Many people have faced the problem of Flipkart accepting the order without having stock.

phew, that was close. Btw, I didnt knw FK can do these tricks. Hopefully I get my gpu as promised.

So, back to hunting TE posts on 450W or higher PSUs. In the meanwhile, can you as well help.

I would suggest u to go for corsair cx430V2 . if u can spend little bit more then consider Seasonic S12ii 430 Bronze since it is ultimate.you can see the reviews of Seasonic Power supply. Do not compromise on PSU.
rest is ok

phew, that was close. Btw, I didnt knw FK can do these tricks. Hopefully I get my gpu as promised.

So, back to hunting TE posts on 450W or higher PSUs. In the meanwhile, can you as well help.

^^ Go for any of these SMPS --
  • Cooler Master GX450W ~3400/- (the Cooler Master REP here can help you OR I can PM you further details)
  • Corsair CX v2430W ~2700/-
  • Seasonic S12II 520W ~4400/- (if you want to be fully secure about the future)
Hope this helps, Cheerio!

GTA IV (can you believe that I havent played this yet)

^^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I can believe it as I have never played a GTA title till date.

The TDP of Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R777OC-1GD GDDR5 is only 80W. So the CX430 is sufficient. Or the above said SMPS also work fine. Also you can calculate power requirements in CoolerMaster website Cooler Master Power Supply Calculator - Standard

^^ It has only 4 SATA cables; which I feel is very less these days thanks to our burgeoning collection sizes.

That is why I am suggesting a Seasonic 520W unit that has more connectors as well is an impressive performer by all rights, more efficient to boot as well.

Back