Guyz, Need Help in High Phone Purchase.

Guyz,

I have been keen on buying an Andriod Phone.

I have shotlisted 3 Models.

1. Samsung Galaxy S (Rs27000)

2. HTC Desire HD (Rs 26200)

Galaxy S and Desire HD are equipped with 1Ghz CPU which is the best part.

In Terms of memory and cooling I think Desire HD beats Galaxy S as it is equipped with 768MB Ram and 1Ghz SnapDragon which I heard runs cooler than ARM Cortex 1ghz.

However Galaxy advanced in Display as with Super AMOLED and Desire HD is only AMOLED Display but Desire HD is 4.3" and Galaxy is 4.0" also Desire HD is equipped with 5MP camera with Dual LED Flash which is ideal for Video Recording.

so little confused here. Hence Need expert advice.

^ good point.

The galaxy S has a 1500mAh battery and still just manages about a day. The camera seems to be better on the desire. While, the galaxy is much lighter @119gms.

In terms of performance, I'm happy with the galaxy S (running Darky's rom). Stock galaxy runs a bit slow imo. So if you get a galaxy be willing to work on it.. root, lagfix or custom roms.

What will you guys suggest in terms of Value for Money, I need to have something better than 5MP as already having 3 X 5MP phones.

Also Desire HD's Bigger screen is attracting me.

Anuj: Are custom roms not applicable for Desire HD?

I'd rather suggest you wait if you are spending so much money for a better phone. Motorola Terminator and LG Optimus 2X - both with Tegra 2 will be announced on CES starting 6th Jan.

Galaxy S is a decent phone, but has no LED notifications - huge drawback. It also doesn't have a camera flash. And the Samsung flavoured OS is ugly in comparison to the Desire HD. Desire HD has a bad battery life with just a 1250mAh battery. You'd rather consider the Milestone 2 and Nexus S/Desire instead - if you want something urgently.

Also bigger screen = more power use. If you want a bigger screen, then go for Dell Streak which now sells for $400 on the Dell website.

And if you want a phone comparable to iPhone 4's retina display, and know someone in China - opt for the Meizu M9 which is by far the best phone in terms of hardware, and will cost you about 19k.

As per online reviews. HTC is good only in the UI and camera compared to Desire HD.

Also it is packed with Snapdragon which has a better GPU + additional 256MB ram.

However in terms of picture quality and viewing angles + Display samsung is irresistible.

I have made a final thought for Galaxy S however,

please let me know if any phone which is comparable to Galaxy S and which available in India with proper warranty.

Back