Gyming for Fitness

a lazy schedule and a lazy me lands me up into this situation........
used to gym earlier in my teens 'but now in the 20's nil........
daily routine of home to work , work to home , comp , tv has started affecting my health.....get tired very easily , less of stamina , fatigue shows up on times......so i need to gym my way to fitness now........
would need some comments of good places for the same.....location prefered - andheri - vile parle , not far of places. place needs to be decent , with decent equipment and a trainer who can be approachable. checked out some places , big names , big bux .....pls suggest some good budget places......if anyone has good contacts with the ''ín'' people and can get me a good discount or something , nothing like it.........thanks.

How about zero budget? :)

I exercise at home, doing some basic workouts like situps (also called Air Squats), toe touching and jogging while standing.

A typical workout is 30 to 45 minutes everyday and it helps keep my stamina and energy levels at par.

Exercise also helps you sleep better.

I exercise in the evening after coming home from office, but getting up early morning, as early as your schedule allows, is better.

CrossFit Exercises

I started off with the Air Squat from these CrossFit videos.

For the first few days, you will get tired pretty quickly. So take it slowly and increase the intensity over the course of days keeping it within your comfort level.

Toe touching helps to reduce your potbelly (if you have one).

I couldn't even bend to touch the lower part of my ankles with the end of my finger when I started, but now I can bend and touch the floor with my palms, after around a month of doing this.

PS: this all might sound easy for slim people, who will laugh at what is written above, but its a tough reality for people who are "large" / obese.

PS2: If you like trance music, then put it loud and get motivated.

Ask The Readers: What's Your Favorite Workout Music?

its true dude....when work comes then fitness suffers. i use to gym in my teens and use to do proper bodybuilding and won 2 contests also placed 3rd and 5th place in mr. delhi contests. but now the routine is like sitting on the bed, working, sitting in front of pc, eating and working nothing more than that. i am my self planning to start the old routine. u can imagine i have got a mini gym at my home still i don't have time or say i have become lazy enuff to do exercising...well its now an inspirations from your side i have again started thinking to join the gym and start exercing ....

Yes it is true, but......there are many good exercise you can do at home

Sit-ups

Jump rope (this is more cardiovascular than running)

push-ups

resistance ropes (very easy to store and better than weights)

You will get incredible amounts of daily energy by eating correctly as well. Find out what is the correct calorie intake you should be eating daily. Cut out too many fried foods, sugar, and saturated oils, eat more fruits and vegetables less red meat, and use portion control.

^^^ thanks all for their posts , i guess i will start with the daily stuff at home ....and casually take it up.....will reduce travell time to and fro the gym as well..........any more references / preferences , suggestions , please post the same...

Though its hard to get a good muscular physique from home. If you wanna thin out, then home is okay. But if you want that 6 pack and those bulging pecs, hit the gym. Dumbbells are a vital part of gymming but machines are important too.

Any gym will do. The local ones cost around 700 bucks a month here in bangalore and all the nutritional, supplement, routine info is available on google.

i'm the one with those lean body types , i don't put up any meat even after 4-5 meals a day , i eat a lot too , so - im not looking to loose any thing here , but then the lean body type has been affecting more with the daily routine activities , like i said , fatigue and tiredness , causes frustration at times........i guess i will push off at home and move on to a gym after i'm able to follow a routine , actually NO - i cant do it at home , ive become pathetically lathargic and lazy , i wuld rather sleep and not work out.......if i pay somewhere , least i will think i need to use those services ..........will start some inquiries on helplines tomorrow , will post it here as well......thank u all again.

first of all thanks hanzy for starting this thread..and thankss all of u for such wonderful linkss.. i specailly like the Rahulrulez links...cheeersss

Is there no way for you to spend at least 3 days a week in the gym? I haven't been able to go for a month now due to work and breathing trouble but I'm getting back in there today. My trainer has been yelling at me everyday lol.

I've got a similar routine. Work takes up a lot of my time but I try and go for an hour on atleast 4 nights a week and some cardio on saturdays if possible.

Back