Half-Life 3 spotted in Gamescom 2012 videogame list

teracore

Disciple
K8kwm.jpg

Half-Life 3 will appear at Gamescom, according to a PDF list of videogames found on the show's website.

T3 Online was the first to spot the inclusion of Half-Life 3 on the list, the game being the only one to be revealed by Valve at the show.
The PDF clearly states Half-Life 3 but Gamescom's list does note that it takes 'no responsibility' for the accuracy of the information, admitting that it is gathered from forums and blogs. Still, a slightly odd stance from an official show.
TechRadar spoke to Mike Sawh, the journalist that spotted the inclusion, who said about the find: "I was simply searching around for assets on the official Gamescom website in preparation for T3's coverage of the gaming expo, and spotted the list of announcements in a PDF, and there between Ubisoft and Warner Bros was a single listing for Half-Life 3.
"If it's true, this could be without doubt the biggest announcement of Gamescom by some margin."

Half-Life less ordinary

Half-Life 3 has been a game that's five years in the making and is the most eagerly anticipated game of its generation.
Orignally set to appear in 2007 as Half-Life 2: Episode Three, it has sinced failed to appear despite having such a massive fan base.
Since then, its spin-off Portal has been developed into a hugely successful sequel which sparked more rumours that a Half-Life 3 release date was edging nearer.
As T3 notes on its website, games magazine Game Informer is going late to press because of a big announcement set for Gamescom 2012 - could this be Half-Life 3?
TechRadar, alongside the rest of the gaming world, is hoping so.

Via T3.com

Source

Holy shit, could this be real? :scared14:

2014 perhaps? And with the recent news of the Source 2 engine, it sounds about right.

Nope, I refuse to get aboard the hype train anymore. No sir.

That is just Gabe toying with us as usual.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

From Reddit :

Honestly, I think that HL3 is going to come out this December, coinciding with the Mayan prophecies. We will all realize that HL3 is actually exactly what the prophecy was talking about, and when the first person to buy the retail/steam copy starts the game the universe will simply implode, cycle back to the beginning, and the next big bang will occur. Only GabeN will survive, as he will have ascended past his corporeal form. As the millennia pass, he will become the God of the next "Earth" and the next cycle of "humans," showing himself only to a few shepherds and mud farmers in the next equivalent of Mayan culture, give them vague warnings of what's to come, and the cycle will repeat ad infinitum. In this way, there will never, but at the same time always, be a HL3.

Lol

UPDATE: Games site
Eurogamer
says it has been told the inclusion of Half Life 3 on the list is a 'mistake', though when asked no explanation was given. There has been no announcement from Valve, EA or Gamescom.

Should've known. :(

I shall still hope I'd be able to play HL2 Ep. 3 someday. Tired of playing Ep 1 and 2 again and again.

Half life 2 and its episodes were phenomenal! If i am correct then this is the first game that introduced hollywood style adrenaline pumping fps gameplay in games.Even now also you will find many references to this game in other games.

Half Life is open world, launching after 2013 - Report

Half-Life 3 is an open world shooter that will launch after 2013, a source close to Valve has allegedly revealed.

Speaking with Journaldugamer – by way of OXM – the source said that Half-Life 3 features saw a “total revision” following a “very chaotic” development schedule.
It was said to have been developed as a straight-up shooter but the source suggested that it ‘failed’ in that format, before being reigned back towards puzzles and exploration. The source also stated that Half-Life 3 will have a “open-world, quests and NPCs”
The source stated that development is well under way, and that the game will work several RPG elements into the mix. It was also suggested that the game will be a full Half-Life 3, not Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Source: Half-life 3 is open world, launching after 2013 – Report | VG247

@kvikram: Yes if this turns out to be true then it'll indeed be quite the surprise! Open ended and quests to do... I don't know whether it'll uphold the original flavor of Half Life but I'm interested every bit to see how they pull it off.

Last edited by a moderator:
too much HL3 rumours to take anything seriously. we can only wait and see :(

it will be insane for an open world setting to carry forward the storyline of HL.

_

At least they are making it :)

Thats good enough for me. .

And the Idea of a HL3 based RPG game . . .Mind = Blown !!! *Pffffffff*

Back