Camera HandyCam – For recording videos – Pls guide

sunandoghosh

Disciple
HandyCam – For recording videos – Pls guide
HI Friends,
Need some urgent very valuable suggestion.
I would like to purchase a Handycam in two three days.
Primary Objective: to record my beautiful moments for life long with my girlfriend –and also use for family events occasions recording
Requirements:
1. Hard disk based (I guess DVD is not cost effective and space constraint)
2. Remote control (so that I can record from distance)
3. Timer based adjustments
4. Good quality (as these videos would be lifelong)
5. Handy or small better (carrying is easier)
6. Available in Hyderabad (and which showroom to purchase exactly from)
7. Good Warranty or Service and reputed brand
Budget is flexible but obviously the cheaper the better.
PLS ADVISE Guys
Anticipating your help and guidance.
Regards
sunando

Check out Sony's handycam listing Handycam Sony and Digital Video Camcorders : Sony India

Sony gives 3 years of warranty,so incase anything does happen you are safe for 3 years atleast.

I suggest you go to a sony exclusive showroom in your city.Since you live in hyderabad you have many showrooms to choose from.It doesnt depend from which showroom you choose the product.So you may pick the one you like.

To find the dealers visit,enter your details. Home : Retail Shops : Where to Buy : Sony India

Now coming to the tech stuff,HDD handycams come in 2 flavours. High definition(HD) and standard definition(SD). If you going to watch the videos on normal TV upto 29 inches,then SD will be fine.But if you have a 22inch LCD monitor or a HDTV at home then it will be better if you go for HD handycams.Their prices have come down a lot over the years.So they should make a good buy.

I feel it would be better if you go to one of those showrooms and check the video quality of these cams yourself.Why am I asking you to go and check at the showroom is because there is no alternative to holding a camera by your own hands and judging the feel of it.

Regd remote and other functions,check out the specifications for each handycam.It should be listed.

Don't go for Kodak and Flip.

Panasonic 26 (SD) for Rs.11K (ebay) is a much better alternative. I am using it. It has 70x zoom and very easy to use and download videos on computer/youtube....

Realistically speaking ... where are you going to use 70x zoom ?

All cameras are easy to copy video from.

The OP wants something which you would last him a while... a P&S cam or the iPod is not going to cut it.. thats for sure.

off topic: that is a darn impressive topic "Handycam - for recording videos" .. ! rofl.. :rofl:
i mean seriously were you also planning to vaccum with it? :tongue:
J/K..

Back