Happy Independence Day

Apex

Skilled
flgindia1sx.gif

Hi

Wish all Indians in this Forum and every Indian across the globe a very very
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!! :)

Jai Hind!! :hap2:

I dedicate this day to all the slain jawans and security forces who died protecting our country , protecting our independance.
Jai Hind .

Ragin_Ice said:
I dedicate this day to all the slain jawans and security forces who died protecting our country , protecting our independance.
Jai Hind .

Very true..... They are the REAL heroes of India.

And while this is a time for celebration, also think of this as a sad day. The day a unified India got divided on communal lines(nto Pakistan and India) the repercussions of which are still very strong.

Imagine what a force a unified India would have been in the world if only we did not have to spend so much of money on defence.....

And think of the lakhs of people who were killed by other people who were friends till partition happened. Muslims and Hindus who lived in peace for generations became enemies overnight. This is dark and dreadful power of communism.

No offence to any1....but Happy Independence Day....whats wrong with you people...its not like a festival or anything...this shows how much India has been effected by westernisation.....come on people...

Again..No offence to any 1...but thats what i think

Shouldn't we be wishing each other only after sunrise? In any case... lets hope that our country is able to overcome the basic problems of poverty, corruption and terrorism in the near future. Jai Hind :D.

Chaos said:
Shouldn't we be wishing each other only after sunrise? In any case... lets hope that our country is able to overcome the basic problems of poverty, corruption and terrorism in the near future. Jai Hind :D.
I concur :) Happy Independence to everyone :)

Addendum: I hope we also overcome the basic problem of high hardware prices. That'd be true freedom for us. :D

IceFusion said:
No offence to any1....but Happy Independence Day....whats wrong with you people...its not like a festival or anything...this shows how much India has been effected by westernisation.....come on people...

Again..No offence to any 1...but thats what i think

I don't think this has anything to do with westernization. Its a day all over the world that people feel proud of their country. Its indeed a time to celebrate cos true freedom like we have is still a distant dream for the people in many countries of the world.(Can an individual in China, Burma, Pakistan and host of countries around the world say he is free?) We are blessed to be free and live life on our own terms.
I won't say happy independence day. Its my right to be independent. And for that i thank my country. and the people who made it possible.

Well said SN..... True... even though Pakistan celebrated it's "independance day" yesterday, there is no true freedom. For that, I am really thankful for being an Indian. We are really free. We do have a lot of freedom and take many things for granted which people in many other countries don't even dream of.

And especially in India.... we have such a rich history and culture. the US may be big brother now, but what history do they have??No offence meant to any Americans here. But the US does not have a history to speak off. It was formed in 1776. And that too they were all Britishers and other Europeans who wanted to rule themselves.

India has one of the richest histories of the world. when the Europeans were living in the dark ages, we had great kingdoms in India. The Pandyas, the mughals. And even before that when the rest of the world was still living in caves and were not much more than savages, we had great kingdoms like Ashoka, The Guptas and Mauryas.

So, all in all, though today India is going through quite a few problems, we will overcome it..... This is just a few hours when compared to the very loooooong history of India. We got rid of the British didn't we?? Before that, Alexander.

PROUD TO BE INDIAN!!! JAI HIND!!!!

Back