Storage Solutions Hard Drive Data Recovery?

Vivek Singh

Disciple
I had bought a Hitachi 1TB Hard Drive from lamington road some 2 years back from my dealer just because WD were not available on that particular moment (as it was Sunday, and most of them were sold out, only few distributor's are open on Sundays) for archival and backup purpose. The hard drive just worked fine in the beginning but started to give me hiccups after 6months.

I seriously regret buying a Hitachi Hard Drive.

Things started to slow down, it thought it could just be my computer, coz i had ton of work and resource hungry application's running most of the time.

Suddenly the hard drive stopped showing up on my computer, i tried checking things out with Device Manager as i m running Windows 7. It was shown as working properly, but it never showed up after that. Now the drive is totally undetectable. but when connected the platter seems to be spinning in a smooth pace, there is no tick sound as i checked.

i had lots of download, collection of FLAC music and personal work stored on it, so you guy know how it feels to loose a TB of important data.

Googled up, and found out the only option to get the data fully recovered is by switching the platter's with an identical hard drive. so i left it with my dealer to get the data recovered, but he says it cant be directly be recovered. If he get the hard drive opened by the data recovery expert, there are less chances of data being recovered. Its still lying with the dealer untouched, unopened.

Now i want to get the data recovered, Does anyone know some professional data recovery center/ expert in Mumbai who could get me my data back?

Last edited:
Now the drive is totally undetectable. but when connected the platter seems to be spining in a smooth pase, there is no tick sound as i checked.

i had lots of download, collection of FLAC music and personal work stored on it, so you guy know how it feels to loose a TB of important data.

Yes it is terrible to loose a TB of data. Since it is spinning, power connection is proper. However I believe that data connector have issues, the smaller one on left hand side. Also have you tried different sata cable and sata port ?

Yes it is terrible to loose a TB of data. Since it is spinning, power connection is proper. However I believe that data connector have issues, the smaller one on left hand side. Also have you tried different sata cable and sata port ?

Well yes bro, i had tried swapping it with other sata cable and also tried connecting it to my other xeon workstation.

I stay in Mumbai, it would be nice if someone could get me the details of some reliable data recovery experts.
There is one at Lammy, forgot it's name. It is at distance of couple of buildings from Chunam Lane, walking towards Swastik cinema.

......and it is called as HRC...Harddisk recovery center... It above Jetking @ lamington

Meanwhile i assume that you drives PCB is at fault. So gathering similar model pcb should do the trick.
Try on TE or other techno sites. I also found harddisks pcbs on amazon and ebay you can hunt there when I was in your situation lot of years back.

Else for desi deals turn to olx, quickr for similar drives in working condition. Hope you dont mind to shelve out & gamble 1k or so for a 2nd hand drive + may be your drive might work and also you get another drive to keep :) and give the other for replacement.

Meanwhile i assume that you drives PCB is at fault. So gathering similar model pcb should do the trick.
Try on TE or other techno sites. I also found harddisks pcbs on amazon and ebay you can hunt there when I was in your situation lot of years back.

Else for desi deals turn to olx, quickr for similar drives in working condition. Hope you dont mind to shelve out & gamble 1k or so for a 2nd hand drive + may be your drive might work and also you get another drive to keep :) and give the other for replacement.

I 'll try searching identical PCB or IC for the drive, just need some help guys. I 'll buy a identical pcb if i find one.
i guess it would be best to leave it for the data recovery experts who can get me my important stuff back.

update : got the hard drive back on Sunday still untouched as i had asked my dealer to try the software recovery method.
i 'm still looking out for some decent data recovery experts in Mumbai, who could get most of my data back.

I 'll try searching identical PCB or IC for the drive, just need some help guys. I 'll buy a identical pcb if i find one.
i guess it would be best to leave it for the data recovery experts who can get me my important stuff back.

update : got the hard drive back on Sunday still untouched as i had asked my dealer to try the software recovery method.
i 'm still looking out for some decent data recovery experts in Mumbai, who could get most of my data back.

As mentioned before, try HRC...Harddisk recovery center... It is above Jetking, 3rd floor @ lamington. In same lane as the Police station...after 2-3 buildings.
And before submitting the drive ask for their quotation as well else in hush rush people simply submit the disk and then keep crying on the final bills.

Stellar data recovery do have lab locations in Mumbai: B-101, Citi Point, J. B. Nagar, AndheriKurla Road,
Andheri (East) .
For more details, you can visit the URL below:

http://www.stellarinfo.co.in/locations/data-recovery-mumbai.php

Moreover, you can also calculate the data recovery cost you've to pay using 'Online Consultation' located at the left corner(In Yellow) on the website. You can also leave your number and some of the data recovery experts will call you back.

P.S. Don't ever try to mess with hard drive components as it'll only make the situation worst and make your data far ahead from the reach of any data recovery pros.

Hope it becomes helpful for you!!

Back