Hard Drive weight increasing :P

qxsilvr

Disciple
Hard Drive weight increasing?

I've noticed that as I copy data/install programs on my Laptop, the weight of the Laptop increases. I have a bad back and am medically limited on the amount of weight I can carry so I need to be very carefull not to inflict injury upon myself.

I have also noticed my XBox feels heavier as well (the more games I save or purchase from arcade). I generally don't travel with my XBox so that is not an issue for me, but note the I am having the same results.

My ask, what is the weight/file ratio? So for example, how many GB's = 6oz? I dread the day I need a dolly to commute to work with my Laptop.

Thanks in advance!

- K

Frigggin hillarious....

If you have very large files, you can compress them and then compress the compressed file etc. until the files are down to 1 byte. That should make you laptop lighter than when you bought it! I use this trick all the time so that I can save my entire music collection on a 5-1/4" floppy (yeah, I found a use for them
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

WTF... I once had a similar experience; where a guy from my society flipped a floppy's covering plate open; held it up to a tube light and said "I can see the data out here; why isn't the damn computer able to read it"

Back