Graphic Cards Hardocp Reviews.

Aces170

ex-Mod
I dunno whats happening with these chaps at [H]. They have rated a 6600 DDR2 as a must buy :

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=ODk1LDE=

They compare the card to a X1300pro underclocked to X1300 speeds and then they compare and do some ATI bashing.

X1300pro retails for 100$
6600 DDR2 retails for 120$
X800 retails for 110$
6600 GT retails for 125$

And they bloody give the 6600 a must buy hardware tag. Way to go. And thats the end of checking reviews on [H].

Lol its pretty sad aces......... ! The worst thing is that they have a novel way of reviewing the cards which is like but then again they never take IQ into consideration. Most of the time it is "we found the iq blah blah at about the same level" *sigh*

Insane. I for one, was happy when they decided to switch to the new system of not going just for fps. The old system seemed stupid since a 90fps was generally not that much better than say 85. I thought that withthe new system things might improve, but yes, I still find that they do not give enough importance to IQ (as far as I am concerned a game shud run at 50 fps, anything above is a waste, and the extra power shud be dedicated towards better IQ)

And what is the use of the underclocking? I once saw a review which did that, but that was for the purpose of comparing architecture, not a buying guide. Basically what they shud look at is what u get for ur money (and the 6600GT costs more!), nothing more. There can be no real comparison bcos of the huge price difference. If the pro retails at 100 (as compared to GT's 125) then the non pro (which they try to simulate) must be even cheaper.

EDIT: The prices they mention on the H seem to back up their evaluations, they are quite different from that posted above. I am confused now.

This is totally braindead. A quick froogle search reveals the minimum price of an X1300 Pro as 110$ and average of around 120$. The price of the XFX 6600 DDR2 has a min listing of 120$ and average around 130$. On top of that they underclock the X1300 pro :S. Dumbos they are :p

They have lost it totally for a while now.

Look what editor replies in thread. They had to go with MSRP of nvidia. This is while benching a factory overclocked card from XFX with street price well above MSRP and they call it fantastic value for sub$100 card.

And when people pointed out that now X1300pro is well below its MSRP of $149 and can be found same or even cheaper than this card and they made huge issue about ATI MSRP and actiual price in the past then all they have to say is they go by MSRP and not actiual price.

Huh.................................

Back