CPU/Mobo Hardware RAID 0 problem

tajendra

Disciple
hy guys,

just bought new msi 790fx-gd70 mobo,

i hv three WD hdds, one 500gb, other two 160gb each.

i'm tring to RAID 0 both 160gb hdds from bios,

now when i setup the RAID and try to boot, windows dosen't start, as soon as i revert back from RAID it start booting in windows!!

i also tried to install new window but at the time of partition selection it shows 'no drive detected'!!

i don't know what the problem is

am i missing any step or

do i need to update my bios(current 1.7)

please advise!!

thanx a lot!!

sorry i'm posting this thread twice (already posted in storage solution section) as i don't realy know which is the most appropriate section for this query!! :S

You need to install the RAID drivers before you enable it in the BIOS, and press F8 while in installation to load the drivers from a floppy for windows to be able to recognise the drives.

1.First Select Raid 0 option from BIOS,

2,then after reboot bios will ask you for Raid option like which type of raid you what and all (by pressing ctrl F keys)

3. if its windows xp you don't need to install a fresh OS , but if its windows 7 you need a fresh OS then Copy the raid driver in a Pen drive.

4.now let windows 7 setup do its work till drive option.

5. Now their won't show any drive in windows 7 installing page, look at the below left at same page, (load driver option will be their),load it from pen drive, and its done.

Hope this help you.

Happy Singh said:
1.First Select Raid 0 option from BIOS,
2,then after reboot bios will ask you for Raid option like which type of raid you what and all (by pressing ctrl F keys)
3. if its windows xp you don't need to install a fresh OS , but if its windows 7 you need a fresh OS then Copy the raid driver in a Pen drive.
4.now let windows 7 setup do its work till drive option.
5. Now their won't show any drive in windows 7 installing page, look at the below left at same page, (load driver option will be their),load it from pen drive, and its done.

Hope this help you.

ya thats where i missed out,
while fresh install i had load drivers,

so now i'm going to try this, will post if any problems occur,

Hell man this also means that every time i add one more hdd to my raid i need to reinstall win7 again?:mad:

tajendra said:
ya thats where i missed out,
while fresh install i had load drivers,

so now i'm going to try this, will post if any problems occur,

Hell man this also means that every time i add one more hdd to my raid i need to reinstall win7 again?:mad:

No not at-all:hap5: who said this!

just once install raid driver while installing windows 7 and its done...if after some time you need to add another raid setup just make one more array in bios by clicking ctrl F key.

hy guys,

im in trouble with with this RAID thing, while installing windows (win 7 an xp both) just dong detect the drive even after installing drivers, i dont know what is going wrong!!:mad:

here is what i do :

1. go into bios and set ide to raid and reboot.

2. press crlt-f and set my 2 160 hdds at raid 0 and leave 500hdd alone, i dont adjust any settings, leave them at default. reboot

3. plug in driver usb (use drivers from msi cd that comes with mobo)

3. set boot priority to cd and start installing windows.

4 but then no drives detected error, so to load drivers and go to driver folder in usb, there were lot of folders such as AMD64, x32, jmide, res, x64, floppy32, floppy64 scanned all these folders one by one and windows found only one file named 'jmide.inf' in some of these folders, so i installed it but again same problem "no drives found"

i dont know wats going wrong may be its the driver, but its what is in msi mobo cd, plz help, my mobo is 790fx-gd70.

hy guys,

it was the wrong driver, as soon as i downloded latest one from msi site and used it every thing went just fineeee!!

thanx a lot for your response!!

Back