Car & Bike Harley Davidson looking for dealers in INDIA

demonic

Adept
May 12, 2009
Kolkata
the legenday "Harley Davidson"!!!!

but they won't be able to sell a lot of these beasts considering their price tags n india's demand....

adbanginwar

Disciple
Apr 12, 2009
wht is the price they might quote??
if people can buy R15 for 1L.. i guess they can go for "HD".:hap2::hap2::hap2::hap2:

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
^^ Trust the prices wont be below INR 10lakhs, in any case people who buy Enfield's dont care for mileage what makes you think people who can afford and HD will care for the mileage :)

Mar 7, 2009
Bareilly - U.P.
even if they sell above 10 or 15 lakh price tag then also they'll be able to accomplish their sales target easily....there is huge crowd available in India which can afford HD. Many expensive cars are being selling here...uber expensive Maybach Mercs BMWs RRs etc even people are buying helicopters and personal jets :D So no issues of demand since now there is no tension of importing the bike...and 1 can easily get sales n service locally.

BIKeINSTEIN

Skilled
Sep 24, 2005
People buy a lot of shit just for social acceptance and show-off these days and this is HD- no sweat. :)

I pity the truly passionate/devoted. :p

Satan

Adept
Apr 19, 2005
Besides, unlike traditional auto dealerships, premium segment auto's don't need mass market advertising, which is the second largest cost after operating costs to any auto dealer. In this case advertising iws taken care of by the manufacturer. All that the dealer needs to do is hold stock of a few dozen bikes, operating costs, infrastructure costs including a service center. It's simple... low volume sales... higher profits per unit. That is well enough to hold them over.

coolraghav

Skilled
Sep 4, 2006
Anish said:
BMW India just sold 70 (Yes, SEVENTY) upgraded 7-series last month in Bombay alone.

Don't underestimate the current gen when it comes to spending power.

Its wedding season, what else you expect.

mav3r1ck

Disciple
Apr 8, 2006
it's simple, they allow our mangoes to be shipped to the US for sale there, we allow HD's to be sold in India under EURO-III norms (EURO-IV norms to be effective for all other bikes and cars), pure and simple business logic. Plus, the HD's would only be manufactured in the US and nowhere else, to keep its "made in america" tag and their pride intact!

Fenix

Radhey Krishan
Skilled
Sep 2, 2008
One person in my office send a mail to these guys and i dont know whether it was a joke or a hoax but we got the response of 6 crores INR for the set up .