harmon-kardon-soundsticks-iii-multimedia-speakers @ 5999 on flipkart

I just hope they don't run OUT OF STOCK and cancel the orders !![DOUBLEPOST=1389771481][/DOUBLEPOST]
  • Wed, 15th Jan
  • 11:27 am
  • Hyderabad Sort Facility
  • Received At Hyderabad Sort Facility

Almost there..

Last edited:
Any one know if They are fresh ones or open box ? Got a pair for my friend he
Says it's open box item . Request you guys to take and post pics as soon you get them
ImageUploadedByTechEnclave Forum1389882075.167398.jpg

Got mine today three days after the scheduled delivery. Packing was excellent, i'll give them that. The actual speaker carton looks mint and was properly sealed.

Having run it for a few hours, my opinion is that this is pretty much what they are worth. I feel sorry for anyone who paid more than 7 to 8k for them....[DOUBLEPOST=1390223079][/DOUBLEPOST]
Guys, even though the deal is expired, just to know, how do they compare to classic AL MX5021?
They don't, it's not even close.

The sub doesn't go as low, there isn't as much power, and the satellites don't have much midrange clarity and are extremely directional, which means the sound changes very drastically when you move your head a little bit.

I'm lucky i'm not using this for music listening. They aren't good enough.

Got mine today three days after the scheduled delivery. Packing was excellent, i'll give them that. The actual speaker carton looks mint and was properly sealed.

Having run it for a few hours, my opinion is that this is pretty much what they are worth. I feel sorry for anyone who paid more than 7 to 8k for them....[DOUBLEPOST=1390223079][/DOUBLEPOST]
They don't, it's not even close.

The sub doesn't go as low, there isn't as much power, and the satellites don't have much midrange clarity and are extremely directional, which means the sound changes very drastically when you move your head a little bit.

I'm lucky i'm not using this for music listening. They aren't good enough.
Thanks

the satellites don't have much midrange clarity and are extremely directional, which means the sound changes very drastically when you move your head a little bit.

Wow, can anyone else confirm this? I tend to walk around my room while the music is playing.

In these speakers, I am hearing some of the music instruments which I never did in my 30k car audio setup or home audio setup.

I can agree with that. I too, can hear certain detail better than a pair of calibrated studio monitors, but that's because some big chunks of the music are missing in the Soundsticks.

Compare the two response graphs attached. There are massive holes in the midbass and mid-treble region, and a moderate spike in the HF output (which is not a bad thing as it becomes linear when you move off-axis).

Both of these are taken in an untreated room, the HKs need calibration in order to get the sound linear - but you can't ever fill the midbass hole because the satellite drivers are too small. They will explode if you try and get rid of the 150Hz dip (some of that is due to the room, but the majority is in the speaker itself. At a minimum the 5k dip has to be equalised.

Another problem with these is the change in sound along its length due to massive spaces between drivers. In line arrays we try get the drivers as close as possible to prevent combing.

You can ignore the region below 200Hz because the room is untreated, but even then calibration gives very good results as you can see in the monitor results.

These are the sticks:
Capture.PNG

And these are the monitors
Active monitor.PNG

Last edited:
Any one need a pair ? My friend wants to sell it, he doesnt want something so powerful. he wants smaller one. If any one needs please send PM

Back