WTB Harry Potter books

Looking for the above books for my son, let me know anyone like to let go.
if you are not looking for proper pressed editions with hardcovers and what not, these can be had for cheap in any book store or just download ebooks online and read it on a tablet or something

I do that! for the heavens sake cannot convince kid and wify to use their tablets to read! they still keep shelfs of books and 'like the feel of reading from real books'
A fellow man of culture! XD, I used to be the same before my father put his foot down lol, anyways, if any major mall should have a bookstore where you can buy paperback editions for cheap, I found this on meesho (https://www.meesho.com/harry-potter-book-set-7-books-jk-rowling/p/5fbpvj) and this (https://www.meesho.com/the-complete-harry-potter-7-books-boxed-set-jk-rowling-books/p/6u61fx) but of course quality wont be there since these are not original editions and are probably packed by some indian publisher on the cheap. but they are still worth it considering that even the original paperback editions easily cost 4-5k, but best way would be if you bought it local from a bookstore

Wow, I'm feeling strangely powerful nostalgia with this. I remember pre-ordering these books one by one when they originally released back in the late 90s. They weren't that expensive then, but we had to wait months to go pick it up from the book store. I have no idea how they co-ordinated this, back before internet became mainstream in India.

I'd read them cover-to-cover the first night, then pass them on to my younger siblings. Then I'd re-read them after they were done, about a week later. We'd continue with the re-reads over the months in-between school and exams until the next one was published. Weirdly, we never discussed the characters or the stories. I guess we just developed our own private worlds with them.

A few years later while I was traveling, I saw that Heathrow was entirely merchandise based on the books. And this was before the movies. Bought a bunch of stuff, sent them home. They still have them!

they still keep shelfs of books

About half my worldly possessions are books. The other half is fasteners & electronics, new and old, that I haven't been able to throw away.

Wow, I'm feeling strangely powerful nostalgia with this. I remember pre-ordering these books one by one when they originally released back in the late 90s. They weren't that expensive then, but we had to wait months to go pick it up from the book store. I have no idea how they co-ordinated this, back before internet became mainstream in India.

I'd read them cover-to-cover the first night, then pass them on to my younger siblings. Then I'd re-read them after they were done, about a week later. We'd continue with the re-reads over the months in-between school and exams until the next one was published. Weirdly, we never discussed the characters or the stories. I guess we just developed our own private worlds with them.

A few years later while I was traveling, I saw that Heathrow was entirely merchandise based on the books. And this was before the movies. Bought a bunch of stuff, sent them home. They still have them!

About half my worldly possessions are books. The other half is fasteners & electronics, new and old, that I haven't been able to throw away.
ah damn! you remind me of my father, he used to have this book collecting craze when he was in his 20s, he's got most of the classic literature in like 1970s-1980s press collections (nowhere near valuable like first editions but still damn old), sadly most of those got destroyed by termites but I still remember my childhood reading Robinson Crusoe, Silas Marner, Wuthering Heights and more with a dictionary on the side. Those were the days.

I think we have the half-blood prince and deathly hallows and OOTP from the original hardback collection, my sister was a huge Harry Potter nerd (so am I lol) and got my father to get them for her, we had to order it from Mumbai iirc.

Sadly, I cant afford buying physical books now, I read way too many every year and the cost adds up, so I mostly either get kindle editions on sale or just pirate them.

Back