Has any one bought from http://www.aliexpress.com/ ?

Haven't purchased anything yet, but they have an escrow option just like eBay Paisapay, so you should be safe. Further you have the Paypal Buyer Protection too.

actually if u pay via paypal its safe, dont use Wire transfer or any other method (credit card etc), bcoz they take long time to ship you will need to follow-up, had bought mobile housing worth $7 from davismicro (similar site to aliexpress) took 10 days to ship & arrived after 13 days via HK post.

varkey said:
Haven't purchased anything yet, but they have an escrow option just like eBay Paisapay, so you should be safe. Further you have the Paypal Buyer Protection too.
What is escrow? Seems like they are the partners of Alibaba. :O But the price is tempting..:p

They will hold hold the money till you have received the item and will release the payment to the seller only once you confirm. Just like eBay Paisapay.

Yes its a sister site of Alibaba. :p

I have bought an earphone (Starsonic HDSS) through AliExpress. I paid using Paypal. The amount goes into Escrow account and the shipper should ship the item within 5-6 days. Then, you have 25 days within which you have to confirm receipt of the item. Once you confirm receiving the item in good condition, they release the funds to the seller.

The only shipping option available for me was UPS. The item was shipped within 3 days of payment and was received on the 5th day of shipping.

Yes! The shipping charge quoted is inclusive of their custom clearance fee if I understood correctly. But I am not sure about the actual custom duty.

It cost me $19 for a $15 earphone. But then, it's not available anywhere else, so I had no choice :(

Back