Has anyone able to secure job offer for H1B

suds

Disciple
Has anyone able to secure job offer for H1B.

Is it worth to pay the money to consultant to get H1b sponsored i know it's illegal but most of people are opting this route so just asking if it's worth it

Has anyone able to secure job offer for H1B.

Is it worth to pay the money to consultant to get H1b sponsored i know it's illegal but most of people are opting this route so just asking if it's worth it
Its rather risky, specially considering H1B now has lottery system. So your money will be stuck until June next year. I know people who have gone through "money to sponsor" route. Believe me 3yrs have been hell.

As I said in a previous thread, change your job and find a company who will sponsor you via them. One of my friends working in TCS is getting his H1 done this year (along with all his team mates) and he doesnt want to go. The reason being - the process is initiated now, confirmation in June next year and after that one can only work 6mths post application ie Minimum 1st Oct. so he is now bound for fixed 1yr.

That said why only H1? why not Canada or Australia?

Its rather risky, specially considering H1B now has lottery system. So your money will be stuck until June next year. I know people who have gone through "money to sponsor" route. Believe me 3yrs have been hell.

As I said in a previous thread, change your job and find a company who will sponsor you via them. One of my friends working in TCS is getting his H1 done this year (along with all his team mates) and he doesnt want to go. The reason being - the process is initiated now, confirmation in June next year and after that one can only work 6mths post application ie Minimum 1st Oct. so he is now bound for fixed 1yr.

That said why only H1? why not Canada or Australia?
For Australia requires money - I don't have much savings :(
For Canada i tried searching but as per my understanding they don't have much jobs for IT peoples. Still i'm already working on getting visa for this country

For Australia requires money - I don't have much savings :(
For Canada i tried searching but as per my understanding they don't have much jobs for IT peoples. Still i'm already working on getting visa for this country
Then how are you going to pay the consultants for H1? I understand 3-4k to be a normal charge. Canada does have job in IT but then might be not in your field. You also have option of Singapore, Malaysia etc or Middle East like Dubai etc. These are good destinations too.

Then how are you going to pay the consultants for H1? I understand 3-4k to be a normal charge. Canada does have job in IT but then might be not in your field. You also have option of Singapore, Malaysia etc or Middle East like Dubai etc. These are good destinations too.
Most of the consultants are charging around 3-4 lakhs while as when you enter the Australia you have to show sufficient fund i think which should be more than 10 lakhs in bank account (I can arrange few lakhs but not more than 5 so i'm not pursuing this option).Thanks for the suggestion i'm gonna try aggressively for the Middle east,Singapore and Malaysia.

Most of the consultants are charging around 3-4 lakhs while as when you enter the Australia you have to show sufficient fund i think which should be more than 10 lakhs in bank account (I can arrange few lakhs but not more than 5 so i'm not pursuing this option).Thanks for the suggestion i'm gonna try aggressively for the Middle east,Singapore and Malaysia.
My understanding was "sufficient fund" clause was applicable to only working holiday, student visa or state sponsor visa. Even so, I think many people think in terms of gains than risks. Do you personally know these consultants or their background? Do they have a great track record in returning money for people not winning the lottery? or more to point, do they provide actual proofs of submission for H1 or is it that they inform you whether you pass or fail? If latter, then even if they return the money, they make 1 lakh without effort.
Out of all the above, Singapore is a good bet. You will start anywhere between 5-6k and its much easier to change jobs than bonded labor type H1 market. Companies which eventually take you to US make you sign copies which can be used to sue you if you leave the company early:
http://valleywag.gawker.com/tech-firms-employ-thousands-of-immigrants-as-indenture-1651816401
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/oct/28/-sp-jobs-brokers-entrap-indian-tech-workers
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Silicon-Valleys-Body-Shop-Secret-280567322.html

if you are a working professional with enough experience. you just have to pay the visa fee for australia. which comes down to 3-4Lakhs. After that you get a PR which allows you to stay indefinitely and do what ever work you want to. but getting a PR for canada will be cheaper and easier in 2015

I dont know which consultants that you are talking about. for Australia, a consultant should be MARA registered and they cannot charge you 3-4 lakhs. usually places like y-axis charges around 60000

Do you personally know these consultants or their background? Do they have a great track record in returning money for people not winning the lottery? or more to point, do they provide actual proofs of submission for H1 or is it that they inform you whether you pass or fail? If latter, then even if they return the money, they make 1 lakh without effort.
Out of all the above, Singapore is a good bet. You will start anywhere between 5-6k and its much easier to change jobs than bonded labor type H1 market. Companies which eventually take you to US make you sign copies which can be used to sue you if you leave the company early:
http://valleywag.gawker.com/tech-firms-employ-thousands-of-immigrants-as-indenture-1651816401
http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2014/oct/28/-sp-jobs-brokers-entrap-indian-tech-workers
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Silicon-Valleys-Body-Shop-Secret-280567322.html

I don't know these consultant . I tried finding information about few but didn't find any concrete information. I seen many consultant looting peoples if they didn't get selected in lottery. Some of them don't show any proof of submission for H1. I guess it's not worth pursuing H1b route. I will try for some other countries

if you are a working professional with enough experience. you just have to pay the visa fee for australia. which comes down to 3-4Lakhs. After that you get a PR which allows you to stay indefinitely and do what ever work you want to. but getting a PR for canada will be cheaper and easier in 2015

I dont know which consultants that you are talking about. for Australia, a consultant should be MARA registered and they cannot charge you 3-4 lakhs. usually places like y-axis charges around 60000
Here consultant i mean for US not Australia. For Australian PR is there requirement to show sufficient funds?

I don't know these consultant . I tried finding information about few but didn't find any concrete information. I seen many consultant looting peoples if they didn't get selected in lottery. Some of them don't show any proof of submission for H1. I guess it's not worth pursuing H1b route. I will try for some other countries
Exactly. Or if you still want to go for H1, join services company with explicit understanding of applying for H1 after a year. many companies do that.

Back