Has anyone bought from NewEgg and eBay US/UK?

Hey guys. My dad wants to get a brand new laptop for his own use asap but Amazon and Flipkart are not delivering (CHennai) so I suggested Newegg and eBay since they deliver to India. The thing is I have no idea if anyone's used it and with any success?

Could someone please let me know? Thanks!

I've recently ordered noctua nh-l12s from newegg and dhl have delivered it today..the product have arrived on 21st may in Mumbai but dur to lockdown they could not delivered

Hi FXGalvatron,
I have bought from them in the past and Newegg does provide good service and customer support. Once I had a bad experience with my order, the order value was 124,500Rs and the purchase was for personal use but the courier company(UPS) engaged Sindhu Cargo Services Private Limited as clearance agent and they tagged it as commercial purchase as the value of the goods was above 100,000Rs and started asking for IEC, Purchase Order and so on(this was in 2016-2017 so I am not sure how it is now). I tried to explain it to them that this is not a commercial shipment but the courier company and the clearance house did nothing to help, after almost 4 months of no progress, I approached Newegg for resolution and they refunded the amount. So please take this for what it is worth.

Regards
B.Life

what is the maximum amount we can buy without inviting any import duty or taxes, what is the normal shipping charges.

Hi Skyh3ck,
I dont know about eBay, but any and all orders made through Newegg Inc(not sure about sellers on Newegg) will incur import duty, as the import duty and shipping charges are added at the checkout itself.

Regards
B.Life

This is what i bought form newegg 15 months ago, this may give you an idea of tax, they indeed shows tax and all when you pay.
you will have to pay 45% tax and shipping extra if you import anything from outside. happened same when i bought xspc fittings from PCperformance parts and ekwb radiator and gpu block from ekwb website.
Also, never opt for dhl as theyare the worst, they charged me stocking fees for them delaying my order. they delivered my order in 5-6 weeks which was supposed to take 2 week while even china mail can deliver in 3-4 weeks. In the end i ended up paying 18k for product worth 9k due to dhl.

newegg.PNG

Back