Has the PSP 3004 died ?

quartzap

Disciple
hello folks... i was looking online for buying psp 3004 series but to my surprise it is out of stock at most of the retailers... flipkart even says "permanently discontinued" ! has sony killed 3004 for VITA ( i cnt afford VITA as of now).... would like you guys to:

1. suggest some good places to buy a PSP(offline) in Hyderabad

2. is it safe to buy a 3004 (for playing ISOs/hacks) ? if not.. what firmware/model to look for. ?

[sup]bump......................[/sup]

1. PSP 3000 series production hasn't ceased going by the web stats. The earlier models PSP 1000, PSP 2000 and the more recent PSP Go has been discontinued.

2. I am not sure about this but I suppose yes, all the models can now be perma hacked/

No its still available and though i am not from Hyderabad but afaik it can be bought from a Sony Center easily. They Still have it and as Gannu sir said its production isnt ceased. Its still available although i dunno why they are not available on various online stores. There's a new model known as PSP-E1000 PSP Street goes for 6990/-. Its without wi-fi and has a mono speaker. If your not into multiplayer gaming on psp and if you dont wanna play through its speaker but via ear/headphones. Then you can buy this one. Although I suggest go to a few sony centers and see if you find the 3000 model. If still not, you can always search TE's market section many people sell there psp's here.

And about hacking. All the psp's are hackable to run homebrew's and back ups from the mmc. Not sure about the E1000 model. But before, that all are hackable including Go.

Hope this helps.
<

PSPs are still in demand? Take it from a past PSP owner, its a bad time to buy a PSP. There are no news games coming to it so your only playlist would be old games which would mean around 20 ~ 25 'A' quality games. Therefore I recommend that if you would still like to buy a PSP, buy a 2nd hand PSP, play what you want and sell it off cheap so as to minimise your loss.

thnx for the inputs guys....

not able to find any1 selling a psp right now.... moreover im buying this only for tekken
<
E-1000 has no wifi , no tv out and mono speakers.... just by paying abit xtra... i wud like to gofor e3004... tym to visit the sony stores it seems... ne firmware version to avoid or difficult to mod ...plz suggest...

The E1000 uses the same firmware as far as I know hence modding will be the same as it is for 3004.

The PSP 3004 might not be available at flipkart but it is available. AFAIK Sony has made no official announcement of having discontinued the 3004 like they did for PSP GO.

If you want to go for a PSP it is better to go for 3004.

The current PSP scene - Sony really seems to be treating PSP as it's step child and it has been neglected for a while with very few titles coming out for it in recent years. So should you get 1 now? That depends -

If you want to buy original games then getting good games are a bit difficult. Most stores are have depleting stocks and don't have good games but average titles. Not all games that were sold are available on PSN and some are obnoxiously priced. So may be getting it now for originals is not a good idea.

Do you plan to mod and use it? Then nothing is a bad choice is it?

@quartzap if you are looking for second hand psp's then you can check out ambrit electronics in koti , i went there recently and they had a lot of second hand psp's for sale and most of them are modded .

i too have a psp 2004 , it fun to play on the move .

got the one...no dead pixels n all... battery lyf i wuz told 4-5 hrs of play....but need to confirm.... started with gow ... awesome it is... tekken next...

@quartzap, if you have already modded your PSP (I believe using the ChickHen mod) then I think you should try out god of wars, ridge racer and FIFA 12 on it. Some of the best games for the PSP.

Back