Hathway Cabletel: Suspect fraud.

gauz88

Disciple
Guys i have a problem with Hathway Cable service providers.
I bought their set top box a year back when i was told by my cable wallah that ' saab set top box loge toh sab channel aayega'
It was all good until a few months back till they decided to put off espn star channels.. namely espn , star sports and star cricket
Now the thing is you can see these channels on the normal cable broadcast but not on the set top box.
ESPN STAR had even come out with a TOI front page public service ad saying Hathway had decided to not renew their contract with espn star and hence hathway subscribers would suffer.
Now its been 2 days and i dont see any of the Zee channels either, viz zee studio, zee tv, zee news etc.
Now when i call hathway they are like "Normal broadcast pe dekho.. set top box pe nahi aayega"

I've sent an email to espnstar explaing the issue..
Is there anything else i can do besides this to try and get these guys to book?
They dont reduce their charges when they opt to cancel subscriptions to all these primetime channels randomly

hathway has even come out with a public issue, guess something is very fishy going on & i am using hathway for years & i was never satisfied with their service, i do not have any option in my area & other ISP providers are out of my pocket reach.

malhotraraul said:
hathway has even come out with a public issue, guess something is very fishy going on & i am using hathway for years & i was never satisfied with their service, i do not have any option in my area & other ISP providers are out of my pocket reach.

I've had issues with my cable earlier. I went to hathway's office and blasted the customer relationship manager.
This is a completely different issue, i know they would come up with some stupid excuse.
The lady who attended my call told me that they had issues with the set top box and they've fixed the channel on the normal cable tv.
Whats the point of spending on a set top box when you dont get all the channels that were promised earlier?
It was sucha pain to shift to normal cable everytime i wanted to watch aus-pak series or australian open.

gauz i m too a hathway customer and i too face same problem...

But nothing is much u can do..

I pay 175 and for same set of channels others ask aroud 300 or minimum 275.

So its beter to change the surfing rather than paying more

AGreed there stuff suks but they are in huge debt quarter after quarter they making loss so the companies invested wants to dilute their stake hence the IPO came...holding reduced from 77 to 66%

ALso their broadband was $#it ...after we all friends migrated to mtnl than they reduced price earlier they were like we offer best service and service doesnt come cheap(i used to get upto 14gb of downloads per month...now i download more than 140gb per month)

If u have better option and cheaper its better to migrate

Back