Hathway users are connected on MAN across mumbai...

Hi! ppl....i'm in mumbai central area....on 512 Xtra UL ( 11pm -9am)....i have a few qs...1) whether dc++/hamachi transfers are counted as dnld by hathway

2) how to setup dc++ network/hub (including changing ip etc.)

i'm sure many of us can join together to create a hub/hamachi network n make our lives lil better...come on ppl. on hathway connx...lets try this out...of course we have to make sure the transfers are ignored by the dnld limit metering of hathway.

well yesterday i tried to transfer a 100MB file to a friend in in the same building using gtalk....but the spped was patheic arnd 6-7KBps...surely, i can't see how sm1 wud hv got Mbps speeds using gtalk or anything else..

Seriousl y dude i can transfer files to my frinds using hatway in d same area at such high speeds ....i think thts d lan speeds i'm we're experiencing it tlkes place with more than 3 frinds i know on d same network........

well one of my frnds tried setting up a hub of all the hathway users in the building but speeds were pathetic 4-5 kbps ... some speed limiting by hathway he claimed..... if its possible y dont we start one and see???

hi sunbiz! why dont you put a dtail about dc++ connection so thatall hway user get connected. I am getting pethic speed over my h way connection so may be after doing little rnd in this i will switch to any other operator service... so plz share your idea..

thanxs

Hi

Hv u got any dc++ dealers phone number. cn u provide me the same as i also have hathway connection.

my id is vishnu_0@rediffmail.com
sunbiz_3000 said:
I have just found that hathway users are connected across mumbai through the large cable network. Unlike other cable internet (LAN) users, hathway users due to coax have better bandwidth and get better speeds. I just did a directConnect in Limewire with a frnd of mine and got speeds close to 4Mbps on sharing files with him and he stays about 30 kms across Mumbai. I was very amazed to see such high speeds and decided to find out if really we are connected through a MAN...

I think we could create DC++ hubs across Mumbai and share data through it, unlike localized hubs which other cable internet users have to do. But for this purposes we need to connect using the HFC IP, which is in the range of 10.xxx.xxx.xxx and not the normal static IP addresses that we r given... Any1 ready to discuss and try creating a hub and share data??

i hav installed hamachi.....i stay in thane. can anyone give me name n pass of the network so that i can join ?? Also mention whether sharing thru these software is counted as dwl in hathway??????............plz reply.....

Back