Hathway users - please read

Eazy

Skilled
Mar 23, 2005
Last month (Sept. 2008) and this month Hathway have not sent me their monthly bill, but I have received an email both these months from Hathway, here is the email I received yesterday .....

Your Hathway Internet bill is being generated for the month of OCT 2008 for Account No : XXXXX
The bill date is 01-OCT-08 and amount due for payment is Rs. 729.85 The due date of your bill is 13-OCT-08,
you are requested to pay the bill within the due date.
In case of further queries, please contact us at our Billing / Renewal Helpdesk on 022-67134567 or mail us at billing@hathway.net.
Thanking you once again,
Hathway Bhawani Internet Team.

This is a system Generated Mail and should not be replied to.

I have tried a lot to contact them for a bill on the phone number mentioned and also by email but I get no response. I keep getting daily phone calls from Hathway after the due date asking for immediate payment but I say that I have not received the bill so how can I pay !! Last month the lady on the phone said pay now and that she would send the bill that day itself, so last month I paid the bill but the Sept bill has still not arrived :mad:

Now I am going thru the same problem again and I have emailed everyone I know in Hathway ...... NO BILL = NO PAYMENT !!

Does anyone else have this problem with Hathway ? If you do then how are you handling it ?

Hathway used to provide a cheque pick up service, they used to send a person from their office to pick up cheques from my house, but since a few months they say if I want the cheque to be picked up they will charge me Rs 100/- per cheque :O I have 2 Hathway accounts. As far as I am concerned they can wait for their cheques, I put them into a post box in their prepaid envelopes.

Gannu

Unbanned
ex-Mod
I pity this ISP, Eazy sir. :(

I've been using it since 2 weeks [since there're not any other ISPs other than BSNL which takes some time to get the connection]. I've the 96-256kbps connection on a prepaid basis.

Pathetic ISP. Connection goes kaput if it drizzles somewhere in the city. Speeds keep fluctuating.

Why cant u switch to some other decent ISPs like MTNL, BSNL or airtel? :)

MAGNeT

Skilled
May 4, 2005
nope last month bill was picked up by the person from my place and i received the bill......i never go and pay them..they come and ask us...as we also used cable network(tv service) from them and they follow same principle ...but different person comes to collect

alsiladka

Adept
Aug 7, 2008
www.yashmaheshwari.com
Their TV services are excellent. The best amongst the cable service providers i have seen. Minimum downtime, superb quality.

But the ISP, as i have stated in a number of threads before this, sucks biggggggg time!!
I have been getting my bill, but i have not paid the bill for the past hmmm... 4 to 5 months. Have to pay up in bulk now :) Also, i am from pune, and the bill here states that payment pickup charges would be Rs.20. Maybe since its mumbai, its Rs.100.

Although, i dont know why they

-Anish-

Skilled
Aug 2, 2006
well well, this is what happened to me. I dont know if i should share this in a forum, but here goes.

I had a 256 unlimited conx which i was paying 995+taxes.. almost the same thing happened to me, they charged me 2250 instead of the usual 1150, i was so damn furious that i asked them the disconnect the service. To my surprise, they never cancelled the connection and i never got the bill for another year and a half until my cable modem( provided by hathway) conked off and i had to buy my own modem. So far so good, i thought i would happily surf another year without paying. But to my disbelief, i had to bind the MAC id by calling the helpdesk. But! but! but!... they never came to know that i used the conx for a year and a half without paying a penny :rofl: and then came the bill, guess how much?? ............................................. Rs.1150 , and that was for the month of usage right after i changed the modem :rofl: :p

raj404

Disciple
Jun 2, 2006
^^ LOL.
Btw the current charges for the 256 unlimited is Rs.730/- .(mebbe u can ask for adjusting the extra amt towards the next month's bill :p ).

i always drop the cheq in a drop-box situated in our locality. incidently, i switched frm the 256 night unlimited (8pm to 8am) to 24x7, 256 unlimited. i was asked to pay the Rs.730/- in advance for current month (Oct'08) :mad:

Eazy

Skilled
Mar 23, 2005
I have 2 256/unlimited accounts with Hathway, for one I get the bill and there is no problem but for the other account they are not sending the bills.

I really dont know what I should do, pay the amounts without receiving the bills or take a stand of "no bill = no payment". :(

@BackToExistence - take care man !! I had a similar experience once and after a year Hathway realized their mistake (possible during an audit or something like that) and they sent me a huge bill for the missed period.

-Anish-

Skilled
Aug 2, 2006
of course.. now i am paying like any other person.. i dont really think they would ever come to know :p