PC Peripherals Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE Where does remote connect

spolygon

Disciple
Hi!

The Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE Kit is pretty popular on the forums lately.
I picked one up from clank yesterday. Now I have a dumb question. Where does the IR remote connect to?

The actual card does not have a connector for the remote. Is it connected to the blaster which is then in turn connected to the computer via USB?
If that is so, I cannot get it to work.
Could someone help me?
Also what is the best TV tuner application for this card. I was not too thrilled by the quality of picture with the WINTV that was bundled. I used to use FlyTV with my earlier PixelPro card but it does not work with this card.
Thanks for any help and suggestions.
spolygon

spolygon said:
Hi!

The Hauppauge PVR-150 MCE Kit is pretty popular on the forums lately.
I picked one up from clank yesterday. Now I have a dumb question. Where does the IR remote connect to?
The actual card does not have a connector for the remote. Is it connected to the blaster which is then in turn connected to the computer via USB?
If that is so, I cannot get it to work.
Could someone help me?
Also what is the best TV tuner application for this card. I was not too thrilled by the quality of picture with the WINTV that was bundled. I used to use FlyTV with my earlier PixelPro card but it does not work with this card.
Thanks for any help and suggestions.
spolygon

:S

Connects nowhere I guess..

There shud be a receiver fer the IR remote, which connects to the comp via USB.

The one you are calling blaster is actually the ir receiver for remote, it gets connected to computer via usb. The ir blasters are that samll LED thing that gets connected to USB receiver.

Works well with XP MCE and Vista, or you can use with PVR S/W like BeyondTV coupled with GIRDER s/w for remote. XP MCE or vista is the best option with remote controls and MSN india EPG.

Thanks guys!

I feel like a bit of an idiot:) Calling the receiver the blaster!
The lack of documentation had thrown me off a bit.
The hauppauge web page also did not give me the clarity I needed.
Thanks to you guys for clearing up things

Being on normal XP (not MCE) explains the remote not working.
Thanks to all for the suggestions on the Tv tuner applications as well.

Back