Laptops Have a look before buying new dell laptops

VimJ

Disciple
Nov 26, 2006
well i was almost ready to buy this laptop when i decided to read some reviews on net.....found some good reviews but one of them pointed out that his screen was not as grainy as others had complained....then i checked what he meant exactly and came up with some shocking revelations....................Theres a dedicated poll for this topic going on at notebookreview.com check this link out
Grainy screen poll for 1520 - Page 12 - Notebook Forums and Laptop Discussion

these forums confirm the dell screens to be having 6 bit panels and some pointed out that white is not exactly white!!!....now i would like to know if other santa rosa laptops also have these kinda screens and obviously falling somewhere near this price bracket only.........actually surprised nobody talked about this observation on te

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
May 25, 2007
Erode
Sony vaios are over-priced.. Don't know about the Dell screen problems, but Dell and HP are the best VFM lappies..!!

thetechmind

Skilled
Dec 13, 2006
kkishere said:
Sony vaios are over-priced.. Don't know about the Dell screen problems, but Dell and HP are the best VFM lappies..!!

+1 to ur views.......i seem to be getting along a lot with the HP's these days.....:eek:hyeah:

VimJ

Disciple
Nov 26, 2006
i know sony is overpriced....but actually i am in a hurry have to decide fast ...my college s reopening on aug 1.......as i am at home right now i have to make the decision......so the following are my doubts....

1. Well however bad the screen is it should be good enough for some gaming and maybe some animation work and c'mon dell is quite a reputed company

2. Sony is overpriced i agree but the dell config which i want(definitely better than sonys) is also arnd 70k...so neway a payment of 70k has to be made that is why theres no problem in paying...but the point is paying for a lower config isnt really justified..... but if the screen of Sony is much better than dells then i m afraid i might have to go with Sony (compromising my 8600gt for 8400 :mad: )

3.And how is Sony s service compared to Dells excellent service??/

4.And any idea when 8600gt equipped hps will hit Indian shores??