Having problems connecting Pacenet broadband to Linksys wifi router

raul

Adept
Hi Guys,

This is totally frustrating. One of my friends has a pacenet broadband connection in Malad, and she needs to get on wifi. So I got her a linksys wifi router and guided her over the phone setting it up, however the pacenet connection doesn't seem to work on the linksys.

Its an ethernet cable without modem that connects to the PC. it works on the PC with the pacenet dialer. A google search has so far elicited few solutions. I understand the pacenet dialer encrypts the password so 2 solutions on the net is to call up the pacenet customer support and ask for Linux credentials which is apparently unencrypted or there is a ascii code conversion on indiabroadbandforum to convert the password so it works in Linux or in the router.

The pacenet customer support is clueless on the linux password bit, and the asciii conversion doesn't apper to be working. Does anyone here know how to get this done, any pacenet users using wifi, surely they must be some. Any help will be appreciated. Are they doing mac address stuff also, can cloning it in linksys work?

Thanks guys.
Raul

You will have to call up Pacenet and ask them to release the MAC address inorder to configure a router.

Also, If you have already got it working, can you tell me how is the speed?

Pacenet blocks ur MAC address to single system...Similar to hathway..It simply means you can use only one system n wont be able to conect ay other system directly to pacenet...i had same issue when i tried to connect my laptop instead of pc to hathway....Now you have two options...

1. Ask Pacenet CC to release the mac address and connect ur frnd's router so that they will register new MAC of the router.(Note u might not be able to connect PC dorectly if they lock mac id again)

2. Find something to clone PC's MAC id to Linksys router. I have EdiMax router...It had an option to clone PC's mac address...Hence i was able to connect my router without any issue but I still cant connect my lappy n xbox directly..only via wifi

Hope this helps...

Back