Graphic Cards HD 4850 temperature

bs0409

Disciple
My Sapphire HD 4850 is running at 52C at idle and almost 80C when at load.
I think it's too hot..........

What cooling solution is available for HD 4850 to reduce the temperature...???

remove the heatsink, clear the goop and apply MX-2 and re-seat heatsink. temps should come down 7-10 degree

IF youe card doesn't go over 80 degree anytime [while playing], there's no need to be concerned. That chip is designed to stand 100 + degree temps

Its not high a temperature for HD4850. BTW, is it a single slot or dual slot solution?

If it is a dual slot and still gets to these temps, then u might consider ensuring good airflow in ur cabby and the temps would go down. :cool2:

Mine idles at 47 and on load goes to 75-80. And its single slot but with a intake 120mm fan blowing over it. :p

Wish i could post the pics in rig gallery, but mods are busy...:(

I have a MSI ATI 4850 and it idles at 42C and on load just touches 70C :)

@clown_abhi

Hows gaming performance on your 22" LCD ?? Are you able to MAX out all games ?

i m having powercolor HD4850..after applying mx 2 thermal compound...idle temp is abt 56 - 57 C....on load it goes upto 67 C ...all temp are with custom fanspeed (65%) profile

before applying mx 2 paste...on load temp were around 85 - 90 C

The heat problem usually also depends on the manufacturer of the card.........

Mine is sapphire...It is cheap one(Rs.6800) so heat might be an issue...

Also I am concerned because some of my friends having Nvidia cards report idle temperatures of max 45C while mine touches 55C easily and 10C is not ignorable....

Also my load temperatures are higher than the ones my friends are experiencing...

goodakash said:
I have a MSI ATI 4850 and it idles at 42C and on load just touches 70C :)

@clown_abhi
Hows gaming performance on your 22" LCD ?? Are you able to MAX out all games ?

Ya, u can play most games at HD with this card, with few exceptions like Crysis. :p

Mine too when playing crysis hits 79 C without any tweak to the fan speed. This is the max temp ever reported, monitored using GPU Z, and in Crysis max GPU load is 99% :rofl:

Mine is the dual slot Sapphire 4850. So 80 C is normal for a hot card like 4850.

Back