Graphic Cards HD 5750, 85C @ load w/ fan 51%, Normal?

bondx99

Disciple
I have Sapphire HD5750..Took it jst 1 week back..When i play any game on it..Its temperature shoots up to 85C with fan speed 51%..Saw same temp and fan speed while playing NFS Shift, Battlefield: Bad company 2 & Operation Flashpoint 2 playing at 1600*900 resolution with all settings turned to high. All this came into notice when while playing game i touched roof of my cabinet and it was too hot to even touch..While playing movies or normal work its cool but wen i start any game, it becomes seriously hot..I am scared :/ ..Is above said temp and fan speed normal for under load of 5750? Or its too high?..Do i need extra fan inside my cabinet?..If yup plz suggest some good ones and their prices. Rest of my rig is:
AMD Phenom II X4 925 proc.
Gigabyte 785GMT mobo
2GB DDR3 Kingston ram
500GB Samsung HDD
460W Gigabyte PSU
iBALL stunner cabinet

Plz Help.. :)

Re: Problem or normal?

What are your CPU temperatures? If they are high as well its probably an airflow related issue.

Re: Problem or normal?

bondx99 said:
I have Sapphire HD5750..Took it jst 1 week back..When i play any game on it..Its temperature shoots up to 85C with fan speed 51%..Saw same temp and fan speed while playing NFS Shift, Battlefield: Bad company 2 & Operation Flashpoint 2 playing at 1600*900 resolution with all settings turned to high. All this came into notice when while playing game i touched roof of my cabinet and it was too hot to even touch..While playing movies or normal work its cool but wen i start any game, it becomes seriously hot..I am scared :/ ..Is above said temp and fan speed normal for under load of 5750? Or its too high?..Do i need extra fan inside my cabinet?..If yup plz suggest some good ones and their prices.

How did you ascertain those temperatures. Rivatuner, or some other utility. What type of cooling you have -- in terms of ventilation and fans. A picture of the set up would help us even more. Though if you max out the card at 85C it is fine. No issues, but getting it to run cooler, would be even better.

1. What's ur room temperature?

2. Hw many fans in your cabby?

3. Any cables blocking your g.card above or below????

TIP:-

1. Download and install MSI AfterBurner

2. Make fan and voltage profiles(undervolt it for lower temperature and power consumption)

3. Set a fan profile of a constant 45-55% (which ever according to noise) and set it before you start gaming....

Back