HD Playback - Random Restart

tryst

Disciple
Hi,

I am experiencing a problem in HD playback on my HTPC as it is restarting randomly on HD playback

My system specs are as follows:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Processor: AMD X2 6000+
RAM: 2 X 1GB KINGSTON (800 MHz)
Drive: LG - HDDVD/ Bluray Combo (GGW-H20L)
PSU : Antec 390W
Software:
Power DVD Ultra 7.3
Codec: Core avc, halli Media Splitter, FFdShow
The mkv rips are pl;aying fine but whenever i am trying to play hd or bluray, the machine restarts randomly. Please provide your valuable suggestions. I am at my wits end in the matter.

I have enable coreavc on mkv playback in media player classic and also disable h.264 codec in powerdvd but the problem persists.

As for core temperature it is around 50 degrees and the clock speed is stable too.

Thanks

When my GPU memory had gone bad, I use to get BSOD as soon as I played a wmv file.

Playback for everything else was fine.

Could be bad memory or codec conflict

What do you suggest me to do now? As for the codec, I am using the latest version of coreavc and have disabled the video decoding in ffdshow.Whats the os that you suggest , i am using WinXP sp3 at present.

Does ur system restart everytime you try playing a Bluray?

Try playing the Bluray/HDDVD's in VLC and see if the issue resists.

The restart is pretty random, sometimes everything is fine for hours. But other times the restart is pretty abrupt especially when the menu parts are being played and there are lot of transitions.

Do you suggest me for any other powerdvd option but it seems my options are limited as i need hddvd and bluray?

Back