Graphic Cards HD5770 fan issue help

rishabh005

Recruit
Hello all, :S
I am having a really annoying issue with my xfx Hd5770 gfx card.
The driver I am running is Catalyst 10.10e. Problem is that my card's fan is running at really high speeds, like about 90-100% all the time, even after I switch on my PC after 1-2 days. The Fan is running at these speeds all the time, I don't know why. Catalyst control center, in overdrive, it tells me that gpu activity is 0% and Fan speed is just 35% when it is automatic. When I try setting the fan speed manually, fan speed just doesn't change. If I set it to 0%, fan speed still stays too high. Restarting doesn't fix this problem, tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers too. This card is performing ok, no problems while gaming, it's just this fan speed that is annoying. I don't know what started this problem. Please help.. Tell me which driver I should use, if not 10.10e.... thanks a lot. :(

Yeah do that and let us know! There is an option to set the speed else you may have to download Rivatuner and try. That would be step 2 though.

Every catalyst has an option to set the speed, and I've tried Rivatuner and MSI afterburner too :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Installed many driver versions, no luck. Taking the card today to my PC vendor...... Anyone here with any kind of knowledge about this ? thanks

Back