Graphic Cards HD5850 clocks stuck at 400/900

huntu123

Disciple
hi all...i have a sapphire hd5850..now this problem has erupted just a few days ago i guess, as i didnt give much attention to the clocks before but recently when i was playing a game i noticed with the help of msi afterburner that my clocks are stuck at 400/900 even in idle state......if i restart the pc then it temporarily fixes the problem but again the clocks are changed after 2-3 hrs to 400/900.....i have uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the latest ones which is 11.7 but it was of no use....can anyone help me......

Try the new 11.8 preview driver, if that doesnt work try changing the clocks using sapphire trixx and see if it downclocks itself then , if all else fails reinstall windows, my card also went through a phase of being stuck at 400/900 but it went away by itself.

^^ thnks for the help.....just noticed that playing youtube videos was causing the clocks to change :ashamed: so if i leave youtube page as it is and start a game, then the clocks are stuck at 400/900.....but if i close youtube, everything returns to normal:S must be a driver problem...i hope amd addresses this issue

Back