Storage Solutions HDD Clicking Sound Not Detected in Bios

Hi after managing to get my comp working http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/suggestions-what-i-can-do-troubleshoot-172982.html

I now have a hard disk 1 TB Seagate 7200.11 around a year old i assume, im not interested in the warranty.

I have 120 - 150 GB of Photography on it that i want retrieved. As i said no detection in bios after connecting it makes a fairly loud clicking noise asthoug something is touch against something 3 times and then seems to die.

I live in mumbai, any idea where i can get it recovered, the cost approximately and if anyone has suggestions ideas. Iv already tried the freezer idea it dint work... please help....:(

alright i just got a response from a lab, it costs around 12k to recover data, now lets see when i get it done, that obviously will void the warranty, have bought seagates for over 8 years, time to shift to another company dont mind paying premium prices ...any suggestions?

friedclyde said:
alright i just got a response from a lab, it costs around 12k to recover data, now lets see when i get it done, that obviously will void the warranty, have bought seagates for over 8 years, time to shift to another company dont mind paying premium prices ...any suggestions?
How about keeping backups?

Let me introduce you with some Hidden secrete of recovery.

A hardisk is mainly composed of 2 part

1) Media (Which contains your actual data.

2) Other part that operates on media(Like Head )

If your media is not damaged (Most of the time this is the case )then its possible to recover the data.

If you replace the media of your disk with working 1 TB Seagate 7200.11 and then connect that drive to your machine then you can able to see the data.

This is why you see lot of people selling old harddisk in laminton road.....:).

Noisy hardisk is a symptom of other part failure in your disk.I guess these people will buy New 1TB seagate 7200 and replace your media with its own media there fore cost of 12000 is justified as there is a hardware cost involved.

These people often spend lot of money buying a hardware that supports most of media (like universal card reader . )

Back