Storage Solutions HDD in External enclosure is not getting detected

Just now bought a WD 1 TB Green with a Tech-Com USB 2.0 external enclosure. Plugged up everything connected to the system. The HDD is not getting detected at all. Changed USB ports, it is still not getting detected. The HDD can be heard spinning though. Please help me fix this issue

Check if the HDD is working by directly connecting it to the SATA ports on the mobo. or if you have another HDD, try it in the case. Then you can be sure of which is at fault.

I don't have a free SATA port. Thanks for the reply though. Just used the Disk Management after going into device management and formatted. It is detected now.

Good to know that your problem was solved, btw when you connected the HDD, the format to use disk option did not come up? weird!

Another problem now. I want to connect this to PS3 and trying to format it into FAT32. I tried and formatted using swissknife [didn't work] fat32format.exe [didn't even launch] & guiformat [Formatted, but only 471 GB was available!!!] The OS is windows 7 premium.

For the moment I have reformatted the HDD back to NTFS and got the 931GB free space back. But how do I convert the entire HDD into a FAT32 partition without a 50% loss of space?

Back