PC Peripherals HDD - internal/external - 80/120/160 - samsung/seagte etc etc - tough choice

sunandoghosh

Disciple
HDD - internal/external - 80/120/160 - samsung/seagte etc etc - tough choice

Hi people

Unable to decide which one to purchase - an external HDD or an internal one -

Can anyone point to any online resource where - (and each word is important in following sentence)

data regarding costs of internal as well as external HDD of different sizes (say 80 gb; 120 gb and 160 gb) of different companies (say maxtor; omega; samsung; seagate) are available in INDIAN rupees with corresponding warranty periods ?

I am not saying that the price mentioned has to be exact but then i want to analyse and then draw some conclusions so that i can make up my mind to choose the best.

Any website or online resource or any hint ?

Waiting for replies.

Most sincerely

sunando

Get Seagate Internal HDDs of ur choice of capacity. If u ever need external HDD capability, invest in a External USB Casing for HDD (about 1000 bucks). Put ur existing HDD in it and get going.

SOGB shud cost u in the range of 2.7k, 120GB around 3.5k and 160GB around 4.1k.. prices in Mumbai and other metros cud be significantly cheaper.

TheMask posted 0.83 minutes later:

forgot to mention, if ur mobo supports SATA, then get SATA drive. If u want a HDD that u cud put into a External HDD Casing, then get a PATA (normal IDE) drive.

You cant decide between internal and external. ?????

If you want portability then get the external one else get the internal. If you get an internal one you can make it portable using a usb case.

Whats your budget???

Back