HDD Power on time 3068 days...

adricdumb

Recruit
Hello guys Im a bit worried because the 2TB HITACHI hdd (from 2010) I just bough from CEX it says 3068 days power on time, thats like 8 years and a half. and also it says more than 100 days Estimated remaining lifetime while all of my other drives say more than 1000 days. Im planning to use this hdd as a secundary drive to store games. Should I be worried, whats the best way to test the hdd is funcioning correctly and is the remaining lifetime shown on HDsentinel accurate ?

wejfdmuwwsa81.png.8a8994e4014ae003308af0268b8e6942.png

Well the stats according to HD Sentinel is good , please post a pic of the smart stats , that might give some insights about the true health of the hdd ..

Look at the start stop count. If As it is low for this age, you should be good for some time.

Last edited:
Might just be something kept in a server for a long time given that start/stop count against that power on time, all things considered while it's not ideal that you get a fairly used hard disk if it hasn't failed or had a single bad sector in all that time then it's unlikely to fail anytime soon either. Did you buy it at full price?

Might just be something kept in a server for a long time given that start/stop count against that power on time, all things considered while it's not ideal that you get a fairly used hard disk if it hasn't failed or had a single bad sector in all that time then it's unlikely to fail anytime soon either. Did you buy it at full price?
It was £22 the cheapest one for that capacity: https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail...le=2-tb-sata-hard-drive&referredFrom=category

Well the stats according to HD Sentinel is good , please post a pic of the smart stats , that might give some insights about the true health of the hdd ..
oa4wac9y6ta81.png
asf.PNG
are these speeds normal?

Last edited:
Honestly even a working 2tb hard disk with no bad sectors for that price is a fair deal, although the r/w speeds look more like that of a 5400rpm drive. That's not really a problem all things considered, as long as it doesn't go bad within a couple of weeks I believe it's good enough.
You mentioned you'd use it for game storage, its r/w speeds are perfectly fine for that.

Honestly even a working 2tb hard disk with no bad sectors for that price is a fair deal, although the r/w speeds look more like that of a 5400rpm drive. That's not really a problem all things considered, as long as it doesn't go bad within a couple of weeks I believe it's good enough.
You mentioned you'd use it for game storage, its r/w speeds are perfectly fine for that.
Hmm well my external HDDs which are 5400rpm are even slower, also for some reason CrystalDiskInfo reports "Transfer Mode" SATA/150 instead of SATA 300 This motherboard is not even that old
Capture.PNG

Back