PC Peripherals hdd price

hi any idea whats the price for a 80gb and a 120gb hdd(not a sata one) my motherboard doesnt support sata :mad: and the max it can take is 120gb mumbai prices plz any make thank u

yogi1771 posted 15.48 minutes later:

hi plz quote the prices soon have to buy it by tomorrow

yogi1771 said:
how do u find weather ur hard disk is a sata one or other after installing it
SATA has different looking power and data connections (thin cables unlike normal IDE). Also your mobo must support SATA(have sata connectors on the board) for u to use SATA disks.

undertaker said:
Si3112 cards are available if u really want S-ATA and ur mobo has none.Cost 1k for a two port card though.
Not worth the money or effort. They'll be slower than the IDE ports on the mobo cos they'll be PCI bound :p.

I prefer NTFS over Fat32.
but is personal choice.

If you are having only WinXP as your OS then NTFS is the best.
Rem NTFS is not detected by DOS[i suppose]
but there are 3rd Party Utils for detecting NTFS in DOS.

hi so for a casual home user which is better i had a 40gb disk just got a 80gb one (both r non sata) so which partioning will be better thanks

stick to ntfs. unless you plan to take your hdd over to a friend's place who doesnt use win xp.

Grease Monk said:
stick to ntfs. unless you plan to take your hdd over to a friend's place who doesnt use win xp.

Yup keep to NTFS - and if you do attach the drive to another computer use the freeware READNTFS and you will be able to access this drive. :)

NTFS=more secure less chance of failure
FAT=old school has it problems uses fix clusters (FAT16=2GB max, FAT32=2TB max)

use NTFS since we are slowly switching over it (FAT32 is starting to be retire or is already dead)

ohh and i got my 200GB for $60 USD

Back