Storage Solutions HDD problem

rahul.cnbc

Disciple
hi friends:)

i got a 500gb seagate sata which i using as an external drive , by putting it in a normal casing.

i attached it to my pc, by taking it out of the casing n connected on a sata port , then formatted it and and put some data on it. now i took it out n enclosed it back into the casing .

but when i connect it to any of the pc , it gets detected as a usb drive but it's installation gets failed, earlier it was working fine( before format n using it as a sata), but now it is not getting installed as a usb, a conventional hardware installation wizard opens , as we have installed a hardware( earlier this hdd was getting detected n installed just like any other usb.

PLz help as i am getting bored without reaching my movies n after work i remain idle at my room.

Try to uninstall its preinstalled driver then reinstall it.

Like go in device manager and search for its name in the list. Go in the properties of that driver and choose unistall and then reconnect ur drive.

mayanksahni said:
Try to uninstall its preinstalled driver then reinstall it.
Like go in device manager and search for its name in the list. Go in the properties of that driver and choose unistall and then reconnect ur drive.

bro it's not getting installed - at all.
do u wan me to install it as sata?:S

rahul.cnbc said:
bro it's not getting installed - at all.
do u wan me to install it as sata?:S
Nope, as soon as u connect anything to usb it shows driver progress and also display in the device manager even if driver not installed. Then just cancel the driver installation and then follow the method as i stated above.

Back