Video HDtv best 720p and cheapest 1080p

Hello, iam planning to buy a 32'' HDtv budget 30k + or -, so wanted a 720p suggestion or the cheapest 1080p if any in this budget. So guys please help me and share ur knowledge here.
Wanted to use this HDtv with PC and for PS3, X360.
Any good brand will do.

81cm (32) LCD TV LA32B550K1R - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG - 45k

81cm (32) LCD TV LA32B530P7R - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG - 40k

81cm (32) HD LCD TV LA32B480 - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG - 35k

81cm (32) LCD TV LA32B450C4 - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG - 30k

DO NOT BUY ANY SONY 550 SERIES IF NOT EU VERSION as Asian/Indian ones have no PC mode via HDMI so text is horrible on it (I had got one & suffered)

buy any Samsung 4 or 5 Series

4 Series is 720p

5 Series is 1080p

Thanks udit for ur suggestion and can u suggest any other brands apart from sony and samsung like videocon, sharp, panasonic, onida Etc.

sourcewop said:
Thanks udit for ur suggestion and can u suggest any other brands apart from sony and samsung like videocon, sharp, panasonic, onida Etc.

nope as I trust nothing apart from Samsung & Sharp in the Indian TV market nowadays also a good Sharp is totally out of your budget

only good one I found here is a Sharp LC-32A66 720p for 40-45k

Even I need one for basic use with Xbox 360,PC and PS3 ? :)

Which one to choose between Bravia W550A and following display ?

I really liked this LED TV from Samsung but I think its not worth that much.

With sharper images and brighter colours-TV will never be the same. UA32B6000VR - LED TV - Television | SAMSUNG

I have Bravia 40V550A and it has 4 HDMI ports, 1 VGA port for monitor support and 2 Component Audio in ports.

Udit, can you please elaborate on this part 'Asian/Indian ones have no PC mode via HDMI so text is horrible on it' ?

I don't exactly get what do you mean by PC mode via HDMI, please clarify :)

kushagra2008 said:
Even I need one for basic use with Xbox 360,PC and PS3 ? :)

Which one to choose between Bravia W550A and following display ?
I really liked this LED TV from Samsung but I think its not worth that much.

With sharper images and brighter colours-TV will never be the same. UA32B6000VR - LED TV - Television | SAMSUNG

I have Bravia 40V550A and it has 4 HDMI ports, 1 VGA port for monitor support and 2 Component Audio in ports.
Udit, can you please elaborate on this part 'Asian/Indian ones have no PC mode via HDMI so text is horrible on it' ?
I don't exactly get what do you mean by PC mode via HDMI, please clarify :)

well both the W550A and B6000 LED are priced quite high.for xbox,ps3,pc u don't exactly need the W550A or B6000 since the main advantage they have vs the cheaper sony V or samsung series 5 is the addition of 100hz which is disabled in game mode due to the higher input lag,whether one can notice that while playing is a different matter,but FPS gamer users will mostly notice.

what Udit is saying is that the sony doesn't have a PC mode in HDMI,for eg in ur V550A in VGA there are 2 modes one for text and other for video.in the text mode the text obviously looks better,but try seeing the text in video mode it won't look great.so in HDMI if a PC is connected it will work in video mode so text won't look great.

adder said:
well both the W550A and B6000 LED are priced quite high.for xbox,ps3,pc u don't exactly need the W550A or B6000 since the main advantage they have vs the cheaper sony V or samsung series 5 is the addition of 100hz which is disabled in game mode due to the higher input lag,whether one can notice that while playing is a different matter,but FPS gamer users will mostly notice.

what Udit is saying is that the sony doesn't have a PC mode in HDMI,for eg in ur V550A in VGA there are 2 modes one for text and other for video.in the text mode the text obviously looks better,but try seeing the text in video mode it won't look great.so in HDMI if a PC is connected it will work in video mode so text won't look great.

Thanks for your input sir :)
So, which LCD will you recommend me for gaming purpose ? I only need LCD sized 32"

BTW, My GPU does have HDMI port in it (Palit GTS 250). So can I use HDMI cable to get display on W550A/B6000 ? I won't be gaming with that GPU but I need display [For browsing or watching movies], I'll be using consoles to game on that TV :)

kushagra2008 said:
Thanks for your input sir :)
So, which LCD will you recommend me for gaming purpose ? I only need LCD sized 32"

BTW, My GPU does have HDMI port in it (Palit GTS 250). So can I use HDMI cable to get display on W550A/B6000 ? I won't be gaming with that GPU but I need display [For browsing or watching movies], I'll be using consoles to game on that TV :)

yes u can use HDMI cable to get the display on the W550/B6000.for browsing then i suggest u to go with B6000.
alternately u can go for the cheaper B530/B550A but the contrast won't be as high as the B6000 both dynamic and static contrast.

adder said:
yes u can use HDMI cable to get the display on the W550/B6000.for browsing then i suggest u to go with B6000.
alternately u can go for the cheaper B530/B550A but the contrast won't be as high as the B6000 both dynamic and static contrast.

Thanks for your quick response :)
But do you think B6000 is worth the premium over cheaper alternatives such as B530/B550A ? Especially over B550A ?

kushagra2008 said:
Thanks for your quick response :)
But do you think B6000 is worth the premium over cheaper alternatives such as B530/B550A ? Especially over B550A ?

well thats a subjective question,u will get a subjective reply,so IMO NO i feel the B6000 and W550A price to be quite high for a 32".
for the same price as B6000/W550A u can get a 40" B530A.

adder said:
well thats a subjective question,u will get a subjective reply,so IMO NO i feel the B6000 and W550A price to be quite high for a 32".
for the same price as B6000/W550A u can get a 40" B530A.

Mighty thanks for clearing all my doubts, Cheers sire :)

My sincerest apologies to TC for hijacking his thread, Sorry mate :ashamed:

No one talks about Philips, i have one 32 PFL5609 its full hd and available for 33k after heavy bargain.Give a try and let me know if you changes your decision after seeing this beauty.

I purchased LG 42 LF20FR for Rs 47,000 2 weeks back. It is basic 5ms 1080p panel. Picture quality is very good. Bought Reliance Big TV connection too, Again PQ of big tv channels are good in 14:9 ratio. I connect mu Graphics cards DVI thro DVI to HDMI cable, playing DVD, picture quality is excellent. It doesn't have other bells and whistles like 100, 120 or 200 hz refresh rate, USB connectivity, bluetooth etc, which I don't need for a basic high quality panel.

100hz and other 200 hz are just marketing buzz to cheat the customer. It never improves PQ in any way, response time is the main criteria for fast movement actions in my opinion.

Back