Audio Headphone <= 45$

Tenzin

Disciple
I'm thinking of buying a headphone(Portable) from the US (my friend will bring it with him). I have a budget of around 40 to 45 dollars.
Regarding preference of sound signature, I am inclined towards the lower end of the frequency range, of course I would want the rest of the frequencies to be rendered well too . I would prefer it to be portable(atleast not full sized headphones).
After reading so much on head-fi (and ending up even more confused), I've managed to zero in on few headphones.

1. Panasonic RP -HTF 600
-Got great reviews and for its price of 30 dollars, it seems to be a steal!
Joker gave them 7.75 for sound.
One good review - ?HTF600, Big Sound with a Not So Big Price? - MalVeauX?s Review of Panasonic RP-HTF600-S Step Monitor

2.Koss PortaPro
-More like Iconic headphones
-38 dollars (lifetime warranty?)
-Going strong for many years.

3.Grado igrado
-Heard them once, liked it.
-cord is flimsy.
-bit out of budget (49 $)

4.Jvc HARX700
-Good reviews
- huge :(
What are your thoughts guys?
Any other options that I seem to have missed?

Joker's thread

If you're on a tight budget the JVC HAS160B are under 20 usd and people claim they're great vfm. Haven't heard them in person though. There's always the safer option with the [FONT=Segoe UI, Segoe, Helvetica, Arial, FreeSans, sans-serif]PortaPro if you're not too adventurous. [/FONT]

Anyone here who owns a portapro?
I'm inclining towards the panasonic and the portapro.
Hopefully headphones should be more durable than iems.

Had the HTF600. Not as good as the reviews may suggest. It's big, comfy but muddy bass & veiled treble.
It was the only headphone under 50$ i had heard so don't know if cheap headphones are supposed to sound like this.
Though it's quite good for gaming as it sounds big , spacious & powerful.

Back