Audio Headphone for 1.5k

Ethan_Hunt

Secret Agent Man
Skilled
As the topic states, need to get a good headphone under 1.5k budget.

Requirement:
1.) Excellent Bass!
2.) Need a Mic (it's OK if it doesn't have one)
3.) Needs to have a volume control knob
4.) Needs to have 3.5mm jack and no USB, I repeat, NO USB (need to use it for my consoles too)
5.) Shouldn't be too tight.

I have a few options:
eBay India: Logitech Precision PC Gaming- Headset - Headset - 2YR (item 170480197417 end time 31-May-2010 17:12:13 IST)

eBay India: SENNHEISER HD201 WIRED HEADPHONE HD 201 BILL + 2YR (item 180504703776 end time 15-May-2010 11:02:52 IST)

The Sennheiser one doesn't have a volume control knob, so I'm not inclined towards it. Logitech has got horrible reviews on Amazon, but the comfort and the ventilation part seems good. I need to know if it has a good sound quality?

Any recommendations people?

i kinda want one too, and the same budget, but mine will primarily be for online gaming, and i had thought of buying the Logitech one you have mentioned, but after through research (lol) i've come to know while its new its awesome, but as it gets old its sound quality deminishes...

and btw Sennheiser HD 202 > S HS 201, and costs just a lil more than HD 201. im no expert on headphones and so i'll keep an eye on this thread. guys help Ethan! (eBay India: Sennheiser HD202 Headphones HD 202 2yrs Warranty (item 350349997164 end time 11-May-2010 21:41:20 IST))

Dont get the HD 201 for Excellent bass HD 202 is one of the best.

Only problem with HD 202 is the wires near the headphones are not very thick if care is not taken the wires can be easily broken, thankfully Seinheisser has 1 year warranty so they replace it for you. I did that.

^That looks good, but it doesn't have a volume control knob right? :(

Come on guys, is there no other headset with good bass effect and with at least a friggin' volume control option?

Oh come on! Why do you need a volume control on the headphones now? Control it from the darn menu or the knob of the speakers. Do you frequently chat or something?

No it does not have volume control but it has the best bass some people can't even stand that bass its so high

Volume control can easily malfunction & may loose soundQ thereafter.
HD 202 sound good with good recordings.
In budget section,Blues SLR812 (need to confirm)is best HP with mic(Rs200 max)

Desecrator said:
Oh come on! Why do you need a volume control on the headphones now? Control it from the darn menu or the knob of the speakers. Do you frequently chat or something?
It's convenient via volume control knob. I usually sit at a distant while playing console games and hence getting up each time to adjust the sound is rather annoying. :(

dinjo said:
No it does not have volume control but it has the best bass some people can't even stand that bass its so high

You mean HD 201/202 ? It has real worst bass, and they arnt vfm for the price of 1.4k. I own the HD 201 and it sucks. I know its bit hard to drive, and ive done proper amping.

My vote for SHP2700. Its just awesome for the price. Ive heard one, and was lot satisfied than the HD201 im having.

just go through discussion> Philip SHP2700 vs ATH T22 vs SENNHEISER HD201

Philips is one of the underestimated brand in HP. Dunno why:S

and btw, inline volume control can cause trouble very fast. Ive lots of dead HPs lying around including logitech, altec lansing etc all because of the volume control.

Its not bassy, but bass is tight and i felt it better than HD201. Also the SHp 2700 can easily stand higher power, and it get much better when amped. E5 will go really great with it, and even an E3 wont be bad.

I'm a bass addict, so the more bass, the better it is for me. Does HD202 stand good on that front? I need an opinion fast, as I need to complete the last 2 chapters of Alan Wake and was planning on doing that once I get the headphones. :p

No doubt HD202 has more bass as it is marketed as DJ HP.Another thing you shld remember that 202 can not fit on large ears.They are for small ears.

I'm surprised faheem did not respond in this thread! He owned a HD202 IIRC and he did say it was a pair of good HPs for the price.

OT: Where is the drive? Has Alan Wake consumed you? :mad:

Desecrator said:
OT: Where is the drive? Has Alan Wake consumed you? :mad:
Have sent it yesterday and it will reach you by today. :ashamed:

Placed an order for the HD202 using the 5% discount coupon. :hap2:

^Haha nice! Let the headphones burn-in for sometime and it should even better. :D

I'm expecting another shipment soon enough. :p

Back