hector19

| Crafted for Gaming |
Adept
Greetings :)

am looking to get a headphone .

Budget : 8k MAX .
Usage : MUSIC 70 GAMING 30 [ 70:30] .

Source : PC , IPOD . later uDAC.
My thoughts : i was thinking of getting any one these : Sennheiser HD 518 or Sennheiser HD 558 .
Which one should i get ? should i look into any AudioTechnica ? :huh:

Thank you :)

hector19 said:

My thoughts : i was thinking of getting any one these : Sennheiser HD 518 or Sennheiser HD 558 .

Definitely. I found the AD700 way better than formerly used HD555 of a friend. Specially for Music n gaming.

The bass was slightly better on HD555 but the AD700 rocked in every other aspect: Soundstage, Non-fatiguing lows, crisp mids, and full-body highs.

Must consider: AD700 & M50

Been searching for the exact question for past 3 weeks and found the following:-

1)Around 8 k f you want a closed one (that you can use for travel as well) go for sennheiser hd 380 pro otherwise sennheiser Hd558 is pa pretty good option but they are open(remember there is massive sound leak so your neighbours can listen to you quite clearly)

2)If you want a closed headphones and can extend your budget by 5k get the Sennheiser HD 25 ,they are among the most portable and durable headphones ever made and with excellent sound quality

Auditioned the HD 518 & 558 . Damn it sure did rattle my skull :p .

so any more inputs ? is there any place in Bangalore where i can Audition the Audiotechnicas ?

any more models to suggest ?

My final search would be 558 vs M50 .

Umm why dont you look at the Audio Technica ATH-M50 .. superb headphones ... best value for money under $200... my current dream headphone ( realistic one :p)

You can get them for 7490 from Pristinenote.

If you get to know where to audition them in banalore do let me know ... I need to hear them myself :)

^^ Regarding your PM, I was posting on behalf of a friend. He later got it from another friend in USA. He did find out a place in Kolkata where a guy agreed to sell him the cans, although the price was about 1-2k more than the market price. I have no idea where to get it in Bangalore though, although I would place a request in Golcha SP Road, they stock some premium sound stuff.

Btw, your inbox is full :)

^ Thanks :)

I already called up Golcha, & i Audiotioned the HD 518 & 558. but he said that he dosent deal in AudioTechincas :(

Searched almost for 3 hours today but with no luck came back home .

no trace of AudioTechinca sellers :|

Placed an order for ATH-M50 with Pristine note :) .

so guys tell me since its a 3 year old tech, would it sound good as the current 518s & 558s ?

hector, I know the Regional Manager for AT and he used to let people audition them at his Home office in Koramangala. PM me, I will give you has email ID.

hector19 said:

hector19 said:
^ if u had only saw this thread Earlier :p
anyways thanks & YGPM :)

yes M50s are gr8 choice for the budget mentioned.:)
If you were lookin more into gaming than music then ad700/razer/siberia hp/headsets would have been a better choice.

Which sound card/DAC are you using on your Pc? you should have got a E7/udac along with the HPs.

I have an uDC If you want to try out at my place.
Congrats on the purchase

Thanks all :)

for now i'll be paring it with my onboard audio , Galaxy s2 & Ipod Nano. & an AMP or an UDAC is it really necessary ?

is it just a sound amplification or like a processor which enhances SQ ? Please help Noob in the house .

Will try to post an personal review :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Got the beast Today :D ....

Its freakin overkill for a noob like me :p .

paired it with my old FiioE3 & it sounds awesome , the BASS is simply awesome , the detailing is satisfying .

SO am i missing anything ??? should i settle with FiioE3 ?

Thanks all who helped me :D

Back