Audio Headphone, IEM and mp3 player recommendation required

Saiyan

The L33t Admeen
Skilled
I'll be moving out to do my PG next month. So require recommendation on buying the said devices.

Headphone

Budget - ~6k

Requirement : Tighter bass, finer details.

Currently using Audio Technica AD700. I don't mind buying the same but looking at other alternatives if possible. Will be using with my laptop.

IEM or Portable headphone

Budget - 2k

Requirement - Tighter bass, otherwise i am not really fuzzy about the iems. Infact i am not a big fan of iems and would prefer some really good portable headphones which i could take with me while going out and also when lay down on the bed (Flat and sideways
<
) . For example something Senheiser PMX90 would do great for me.

MP3 Player

Sansa clip v2 will do ? Any other alternative ?

I can buy these either in India or in Singapore. Wherever it is cheaper
<

TIA
<

Headphones: If you want tighter bass you have the following options

Shure SRH940/440

Sennheiser HD280 ~ 5800

Klipsch Image one ~ approx 5500

The above stated models are closed back and generally you get more isolation and tighter bass in closed back HP

Earphones:I recently opened a thread for IEMs in 2k range and members provided following options

Brainwavz M1 ~ 1600

Brainwavz ProAlpha(Warm sound+Bass) ~1800

Also heard rave reviews of Tek fusion twin Woofers ~ 1200

Sennheiser CX 300 II ~ 2500

MP3 player: I read this great site lifehacker.com and recently they rounded up non-ipod music players and sandisk sansa range was on top, so can go with the clip

Heres the link of article

Thank you!!

^Finally someone replied
<

I forgot to mention. The cans and the iems should be comfortable for a long hours use. Like the AD700 sometimes i forget i am wearing it
<

Cans : I was going to suggest an ATH-M50 if you want different sound than the AD700 and more tighter bass but they are not the most comfortable headphones. Since you are going to SGP , I would suggest pay a visit to Jaben store or just meetup with #Bennysachdev and try out as many as possible IEMs and cans in your budget .

Its best to buy after trying out the gear.
<

For the PMP part : Clip+ or the new Clip zip is best under a budget and also very small / pocket friendly.

Saiyan sir.......try before you buy at Jaben / Stereo store in Singapore......Faheem is right, no advice from me or any member will compete to what your ears can and will pick up. Only you know what you really want.

If I still have to suggest one it would be the M50 for your budget. But its not as comfortable as the A700. If your ready to up your budget then the HD25-1II from Senns or the AD900 will satisfy your needs. I say AD900 because you mentioned you wanted tighter bass. The A900 has a lot more bass quantity, enough to pleasantly satisfy a basshead.

^Thanks guys
<
Will check it out when i go there. But do keep recommending stuff here, i'll check it out all.

#bennysachdev, Maybe if you are free anytime during the first week of April let me know, we can go together and also have a mini TE meet
<

DP, I thought you had a clip
<
what happened to it? Best bet is to get a clip+ or zip, or a fuze v2 if you can find it
<

The HD280Pro is a no buy , not better than or equal AD700 in any aspect maybe bass to a small extent , i bought one and sold it.

Add to it the tight clamping force.

Back