"Headphone jack" mic not working in mic jack

r19

Disciple
Bought a mic (boya m1, the only one I could find with a longer wire) and seems it is audio + mic 2 in 1 jack. Can it work in a normal mic jack? My PC only has mic, line in, and audio jacks. I just wanted something for things like skype that can work and with software you can remove ceiling fan noise, and maybe occasionally use with mobile too. Is there any way it can work? Or maybe if there's a better option I could buy that and return this instead.

What's the point of it being TRRS connector? It won't work in mobiles otherwise? Could also return this and get a 3.5mm one + wire but its difficult to find a decent one

Bought a mic (boya m1, the only one I could find with a longer wire) and seems it is audio + mic 2 in 1 jack. Can it work in a normal mic jack? My PC only has mic, line in, and audio jacks. I just wanted something for things like skype that can work and with software you can remove ceiling fan noise, and maybe occasionally use with mobile too. Is there any way it can work? Or maybe if there's a better option I could buy that and return this instead.
Noise Cancellation / Noise Suppressor options now available in most of the Windows sound driver manager options like Realtek etc.... They are disabled by default....try enabling them...works as intended.

Last edited:
Though I've only used it with Cell phone till now, but disappointed with its performance with ceiling fan on. If I put it at a natural position, its way too quiet when playing at full volume in my computer. If I increase the volume later on, the noise increases too. Up close I hear too much of my own breath, and its still not loud enough. Not sure if that's how this is supposed to be. I expected a bit of noise, but not that it won't be able to pick my voice clearly

BTW is there any good cheap unidirectional mic? Which can work better with ceiling fan? And maybe which you can attach to your headset.

Last edited:
Back