Audio headphone repair

All the headphones/earphones i have had a cable problem and stopped working. I usually didnt bother repairing them and instead bought new ones. Then i bought a pair of takstar 2050 headphones. They were pretty much everything i needed in sound and i thought i did not need to try any other pair. But now one side of the headphones has stopped working. I really love these headphones and want to get it repaired. Is there anywhere in bombay where i can get it repaired or can anyone help me?

Also i always keep my headphones properly in the case after use but still somehow the cable always gets spoilt after 2-3 years. How to take good care of headphones?

The sennheiser px100 had a cable problem near the 3.5mm pin. I tried to get it fixed by getting an electrician to solder the cable to a new pin but he did a shoddy job so the pin kept falling out.
I had a cyclone pr1 pro which had a cable fault but that's midway from the pin to the driver. Nothing I could do there.
A cresyn and a creative earphone also had similar problems with the cable near the pin.
I believe the takstar has a problem with either the cable or the pin. It started giving a few problems a couple of weeks before one side stopped working completely.

I can repair all the headphones/earphones even the ones with cable problem near drivers. But unluckily i dont live in mumbai :) . The thing is it is really hard to find someone who can do this as it requires a lot of precision soldering and very time consuming process.

Soldering a 3.5'' connector is pretty tough, getting the solder to stick is the toughest part. Get help from people who work on PCBs. Try to add a spring strain relief after the connector, and Mseal the connection as soon as the soldering is done.

By the way I have a pl11, was working good for 3 years but now its left side earpiece is giving low sound output/volume no matter the volumes on any devices set to 100%. Can this be corrected as well???

Soldering a 3.5'' connector is pretty tough, getting the solder to stick is the toughest part. Get help from people who work on PCBs. Try to add a spring strain relief after the connector, and Mseal the connection as soon as the soldering is done.
I have no idea of any of that. I shall check with some electrician. This is depressing that just because of a cable problem you have to discard the whole unit. Wish we had a proper store out here that could repair headphones.
Are there any headphones under $60 with a removable cable?
Also does anyone have a Grado here in bombay? I was thinking of ordering one of those but i really want to listen to it once because i've heard the grado sound is not for everyone

Back