Audio Headphones better than beats (overall)

mutaji

Recruit
hey all, i need a new pair of cans i have researched and i am thinking of going for audio technica ATH-M50x, reading the reviews everyone saying it's not good for bassheads.now the thing is i love music and clarity and deep bass is more important on the other hand i have a ignorant friend who thinks there's no headphone better than beats i know there are lot of good headphones better than beats.problem is beats has good bass and for some ignorant people that's the only thing that matters.something with better bass and better quality can kick beats out of the game as beats are overpriced.

please suggest me some headphones overall like you listen to beats at one time and listen to other and tell the difference immediately.

price range - 10-20k

Beats doesn't have good bass, it's just overpowered and drowns out all the other sounds.
You can't go wrong with either the M50x, HD 25 range or the DT770, keep in mind that these are studio headphones so the sound is neutral and not suitable for all genres since the shortcomings in recording/production become quite apparent.
Nothing like em if you're into electronic music thg.

Beats doesn't have good bass, it's just overpowered and drowns out all the other sounds.
You can't go wrong with either the M50x, HD 25 range or the DT770, keep in mind that these are studio headphones so the sound is neutral and not suitable for all genres since the shortcomings in recording/production become quite apparent.
Nothing like em if you're into electronic music thg.

my friend and i have only heard beats so we can't really compare, i am looking at DT770 & JVC HA-SZ-1000 how's the bass compared to beats studio?

and yes i am into EDM i will use headphones to listen to trance,dnb,trap (with bass drops)

You should try to audition these headphones before you buy em to avoid disappointment since you only seem to be focusing on the bass part and not care much about the other aspects.

You should try to audition these headphones before you buy em to avoid disappointment since you only seem to be focusing on the bass part and not care much about the other aspects.

it's not like that i am just focusing on the bass part, as i said i have heard only 2-3 cans and loved beats' punchy bass so i am looking forward to that field too.

and there's a problem that i am currently living in a small city so can't audition any headphone, the only thing i can do is order 1-2 cans from amazon and keep the one i like.

Audio technica ATH-M50x is the best headphone I've ever heard. I have one and let me tell you it's bass is very good as well as mids and highs, even the sound quality beats 2k-3k IEMs.

Audio technica ATH-M50x is the best headphone I've ever heard. I have one and let me tell you it's bass is very good as well as mids and highs, even the sound quality beats 2k-3k IEMs.

i have read that M50x are good for producing and monitoring, bass is ok but not that great for regular listening

I am currently using M50X with Creative amp at work. highly recommended... not as good as Sennheiser HD598 but they are pretty close for a closed headset. you should go for them.

anyone used beyerdynamic dt770? i am thinking of going with them + will buy amp if needed

I've used all 3 headphones I recommended earlier but I still suggest trying to audition any of em since you found the bass on the Beats to be impressive, these headphones have quality not the quantity you want to rattle your head.
If you are willing to sacrifice the comfort of velour earpads you can get it for cheaper here if you get the 32 ohm version, although I'm not sure how it compares to the 80 ohm version I owned.
https://www.headphonezone.in/collections/beyerdynamic-headphones/products/beyerdynamic-dt-770-pro

Last edited:
DT 990
If possible then import ultrasone Hp's
Not a very big fan of ath m50. I hear the 50x is even worst.
Try to audition the sennheiser momentun, HD25.

I've used all 3 headphones I recommended earlier but I still suggest trying to audition any of em since you found the bass on the Beats to be impressive, these headphones have quality not the quantity you want to rattle your head.
If you are willing to sacrifice the comfort of velour earpads you can get it for cheaper here if you get the 32 ohm version, although I'm not sure how it compares to the 80 ohm version I owned.
https://www.headphonezone.in/collections/beyerdynamic-headphones/products/beyerdynamic-dt-770-pro
i'll be getting the 80ohms as read that it has more bass than 32 and 250 ohms, can you recommend amp for dt770's?[DOUBLEPOST=1471602046][/DOUBLEPOST]
DT 990
If possible then import ultrasone Hp's
Not a very big fan of ath m50. I hear the 50x is even worst.
Try to audition the sennheiser momentun, HD25.
DT990 are open back, i need closed ones. and can't really audition anything right now.but i can 2 cans from amazon and keep one i like

i'll be getting the 80ohms as read that it has more bass than 32 and 250 ohms, can you recommend amp for dt770's?[DOUBLEPOST=1471602046][/DOUBLEPOST]
DT990 are open back, i need closed ones. and can't really audition anything right now.but i can 2 cans from amazon and keep one i like

I had paired all my headphones with the Essense ST I used to own but I found the loudness to be sufficient without an amp as well (ymmv). You should try the budget DAC/AMP offerings from Fiio like the K1 or E10k or the A3 (Amp only).

Audio Technica ATH-M50x vs BeyerDynamic DT770 Pro vs Beats Solo Headphone Review :
You can hear what they sound like in above video. I think DT770 is clear winner here. Beats sound really bad.

You can hear here how different headphones sound compare to the original track : https://soundcloud.com/sonic-sense-pro-audio/sets/headphones-test

And this is how they are recorded :
Seems very professional to me. So i can trust on output

By the way i do not own any headphone so my opinion is pure on my research.
I do find that DT 880 pro sound very natural & good. But they are semi open back headphone and i am looking for close back headphone so i might go with DT 770 pro 250 ohm.

Lolwut ?!! That's the most stupid thing I've seen this year.
You are going to judge how a headphone sounds by listening through your personal setup ? that's like watching a youtube video review of an IPS monitor on a black & white CRT, your imressions won't even be remotely accurate.

ok got the 770 80ohm today from headphonezone, and these are not what i was expecting, volume is too low and bass is hardly there, thinking of returning them :/

ok got the 770 80ohm today from headphonezone, and these are not what i was expecting, volume is too low and bass is hardly there, thinking of returning them :/
How are you driving these? Whats your source?

Did you try the sony's? From everything you have mentioned, those seem like the ones for you

Back